Getting rid of weeds in bermuda lawn

yellowbell(78728)June 11, 2007

Hi, we have a ton of weeds in our bermuda lawn, and I was wondering what other ways are there to get rid of them besides pulling them out by hand. Our lawn is not that big, so I don't mind pulling them out by hand if I had the time. I have done a few big patches already.

Also, if you're not able to pull the weed out by the root, does cutting it really, really short at least help out somewhat? Won't the bermuda then be able to grow over it and sort of smother it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
okcdan(7 OKC - Bermuda)

I use my Weed Hound in springtime as my lawn's getting ready to come out of dormancy. You can pull 'em, root & all, as fast as you can step on em. Once the lawn's outta dormancy, I mow every 2 to 3 days @ .625" (5/8") and I only water every 10 to 14 days, very very deep irrigation. The top of the soil dries completely. It's difficult to find any weeds in my lawn during the growing season.

My 2 cents

Good day, Dan

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 7:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yellowbell(78728)

Thanks, Dan. We'll definitely get a Weed Hound. That sounds pretty neat. Last year our lawn looked really bad, and it's probably because we waited more than 7 days to mow it.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
DC Please Post Your Organic Lawn FAQs
I am considering going to organic fertilizers, DC could...
claga
Timothy vs Alfalfa
I mistakenly applied Timothy pellets to my lawn instead...
rachel67
PLEASE HELP - identify this weed
Hello all, I live in North Texas and just started organic...
steelerdan
Kimmsr...
Kimmsr, I should mention that I have an acre of lawn...
Aggranduser
Increasing height of celebration bermuda
Our lawn was sodded with bermuda celebration a bit...
trussin.22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™