Rain At Last!

gldno1March 24, 2009

We are getting a really good rain finally. Hope everyone else that needs it gets it too.

It hit here about 11:20 this morning and water is standing in all the holes in the yard! I am almost giddy...can you tell ?

Another piece of good news is I made myself get out at 7:00 AM in the wind and planted 4 rows of potatoes before it hit.

The winds yesterday didn't help the poor daffodils and now the rain..............

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I got .7 inch if my recording device is accurate. I'm happy with it and more rain is in the forecast this week. I drained my little pond and put in new water. Yes there are toad eggs already but they stuck them on the side and I tried not to destroy them.

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 10:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I've never found toad or frog eggs of any kind. I try to keep water dumped from anything sitting around because of mosquitos and always watch for tadpoles. I keep a tub on our patio at the bottom of a downspout so I will always have water handy for containers I have close-by. Wish I would find tadpoles in there sometime.

I have a new rain gauge ready to put up but have been waiting for warmer weather so it won't freeze and crack like my last one did. Our heavy rain was pretty short here so I don't think we got as much as some. Lots of wind though and no internet for awhile.

Glenda - I'm glad you planted enough potatoes for us too because mine are still in the bag. ; )

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™