Apricot is in full Bloom

gldno1March 31, 2010

The honey bees were swarming all over it. I could hear them buzzing about 5 feet away.

This will be tricky about freezes. It can get down to around 28° and still have some fruit....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

It will be tricky because you know our weather. One time when the brugmansia was blooming too late in the fall, I put the nozzle on mist and left the water on all night. I hope you make it.

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 9:17PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Crossing my fingers for you. The forecast looks good right now but those weathermen change their minds a lot.

How long ago did you plant it?

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 9:54PM
gldno1

I planted it pretty soon after we moved here in the early 90's. I have heard about spraying a fine mist. I may give it a try if I get desperate.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 5:41AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I'd love to get an apricot I could keep in a pot on my patio. If I got a small one, I could drag it into my basement easily. There's no step there. I think I could cover it easily too since there's a balcony above my patio. It's on my someday list.

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 10:10AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I've been out mowing the yard and could feel the temperature dropping. Just checked the forecast and they're predicting scattered frost for tonight and maybe tomorrow night. I thought of your fruit trees Glenda. Hope it doesn't get too cold. : (

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 6:50PM
gldno1

Well, we made it through last night.....now if tonight just doesn't get below 28ð, we may be safe at last. A light frost wouldn't hurt too bad, maybe just thin a few which should be done anyway. (How's that for an optimistic outlook)

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Speaking of Gardens
Here's my column for today, if you missed it or don't...
mosswitch
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™