Stuck cord on my elec mower

joe_schmoJuly 15, 2007

Hi all-

Boy, I thought one of the advantages of an electric mower was the lack of mechanical problems, but I have a weird issue that no gas mower would ever have -- my extension cord is stuck. No amount of tugging or wiggling would loosen it from the mower's plug.

I finally dismantled the whole assembly to see what was going on. The "fat" prong came right out, but the "thin" prong is hopelessly stuck inside the extension cord. I always use the hook thing that keeps any pulling or twisting pressure off the plug, so there was no evidence of that. I did mow in very high heat for a number of hours. Would that have caused a problem? I use an outdoor extension cord rated for higher amps than my mower, but I do connect two cords to reach the far corners of my half-acre. Maybe that caused some kind of damage. I dunno. I'm as stuck as the cord is on an answer to this.

BTW, I realize this is not exactly an "organic" question, but as part of my smaller footprint on the world I use an electric mower along with non-synthetic lawn care. And if I posted this in the lawn mower forum I'd just get a lot of grief from the gas-users about my corded cutting methods. So here's hoping one of you guys has some input.

Joe S

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bpgreen(5UT)

Since nobody has responded yet, I'm going to suggest that you try this on the Lawn Mower forum.

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
Increasing height of celebration bermuda
Our lawn was sodded with bermuda celebration a bit...
trussin.22
Questions about overseeding
Hi all, soon I will be overseeding my Tall Fescue with...
oberci
Planting Clover Stolons (or Any Stolons Really)
Has anyone ever tried to transplant clover or a stoloniferous...
CPTK
Best Organic Weed Control Ideas?
Hello, I am doing a project in which the objective...
Tigger033
PLEASE HELP - identify this weed
Hello all, I live in North Texas and just started organic...
steelerdan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™