Strawberry Question

oakleif(z6 AR)March 17, 2008

I was downtown wandering around and found my way into Walmarts garden center. They've got some strawberry plants in. The problem is----They're blooming and have strawberrys on them. They're also not named. I really want some strawberry plants. It surely is not good they have berries now. and not named. What do you think? I need to get them soon before walmarts neglects them.

vickie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

vicki, I am not a Wal-Mart fan! But if you would pinch off the berries and blooms when you plant them, they should be fine for next year. I would rather get from a more reliable source though.

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 5:25PM
sweetwm007(6 b)

go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

william

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 7:18PM
oakleif(z6 AR)

Thanks, had'nt thought of pinching off fruit and blooms. May go Thursay.

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 11:10PM
ceresone(missouri ozarks)

Well, I ordered mine this week, 250 of them. Half everbearers, and half june. I'll wish you luck and you me, OK?

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 9:01AM
gldno1

ceresone, what on earth will you do with that many plants? I don't envy you the planting or the picking!

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 4:05PM
ceresone(missouri ozarks)

Oh, but do you envy me the eating? I think thats about my favorite food, and I bet its one time my kids would ASK me if they could help pick to get a few. I do love strawberries-fixed about any way!

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 9:03AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

cersone,love strawberries too. I remembered a feed and seed store in Clarksville where we use to buy things and went there and they had some beautiful Cardinal June strawberries. So i got 7 plants. They're in a long planter.
General Dollar has some containers from Canada and Isreal cheaper than walmarts China ones.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 11:46AM
fuzzy(6b northern AR)

Just in case someone sees this-- today only, Ozark Beauty strawberries from Spring Hill Nursery...

Use coupon code 414465 to take $20 off your $20+ order. Can't beat that! (through today only, so hurry)

I came here to see if OB was a good variety for us, but based on the name I think I'm going to take a chance. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ozark Beauty Strawberries

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™