Grapes are Back!

gldno1April 28, 2009

Christie, I was so sure mine were dead, but this week I see green sprouts........already bought a Concord to replace one. Now I have to find another home for it somewhere in the garden.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I need to remember to be patient next year then. I would've been worried by now too. I didn't know they leafed out so late.
I only planted one this spring but a friend is supposed to give us some starts and I'm not sure where to put them. There's a nice sunny spot close to the fence but lots of bermuda grass there.

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 7:14AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I was looking at my new grape vine today and I found either flower buds or tiny grapes on it. I don't know which one they are. I suspect I'm supposed to remove them the first year. Does anyone know?

Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 8:15PM
gldno1

The one grape vine of the three I planted last year had a tiny green twig which finally died. I will plant the new Concord there. It has little grapes too and I am not pinching them off.

Yours may be blooms just getting ready to open...I am guessing from the end of the green bud but it could already be tiny grapes. I am certainly no grape expert.

Bookmark   May 31, 2009 at 5:35AM
More Discussions
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™