Another frost

christie_sw_mo(Z6)April 11, 2007

The forecast for Springfield at NOAA is 32 for tonight and Saturday night. Just barely a frost unless they lower it some more. Of course they wouldn't do that. lol I think I'd be a bit angry if I got my seedlings through that last cold blast and then lost them tonight. Glad I looked at the forecast. The temps weren't that low when I looked yesterday.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Hey they've raised it to 36! Maybe I won't have to go out and cover everything after all. That's surprising since it didn't get as warm today as I thought it was supposed to.

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 3:45PM
alyson19

Isn't this cold snap just maddening!! All the little leaves on the trees, all the pretty spring flowers, and even them lilacs are dead. I look forward every spring to our beautiful bright pink azaelas. The freeze killed every last bloom and they are now black!!! I am so sad I could cry!! I guess the early warm weather spoiled us to soon this year!! I cannot wait for spring...again! : )

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 11:56PM
oakleif(z6 AR)

Here's another one waiting for our second spring. The 10:00 news was predicting a low of 28
saturday night. It sounded like it would'nt be that low but for a couple hours so maybe wont hurt anything.
vickie

Bookmark   April 12, 2007 at 2:19AM
sweetwm007(6 b)

they are saying 31 low for sat here. this weather is crazy. had wind gusts up to 50 mph yesterday.

outside planting will start sunday regardless of the weather.

william- yellville

Bookmark   April 12, 2007 at 9:12AM
aniseb

How's your weather today, William? Are you still going to start planting tomorrow?
Anise

Bookmark   April 14, 2007 at 10:56AM
sweetwm007(6 b)

anise- arkansas advertises the 4 seasons. i have seen 6 in the last month!

we had a hell of a hail storm yesterday at around 5 pm. scared me to death. just 30 days after i completed my greenhouse. all is ok though. about 3 inches of rain which we really needed. high forecast today is only 46 and it is very overcast with sprinkles.

i was going to start tomorrow but my son is on the way here from ga. through tunica. that is, if he has gas money left!!!!!

william

Bookmark   April 14, 2007 at 11:44AM
Violet_Z6(6a)

It's a good excuse to stay in, keep warm, and catch up on gardening shows and some garden books.

;)

Bookmark   April 14, 2007 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™