OT - Crocs on sale

zahzeen(5)December 21, 2009

A few months ago, someone was inquiring about Crocs on sale. I realize this is way off season (and topic) but they are on sale now (the authentic Crocs) at Ocean State Job Lot for $10.00 - at least the store in Norwood.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zahzeen(5)

Move down.

Bookmark   December 22, 2009 at 9:53PM
cloud_9(z5 CT)

zahzeen - I will have to check this out after the holidays. I have never owned them, but I know that people swear by them and I am sort of curious. Just not curious enough to pay full price. ;-)

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 4:45PM
claireplymouth z6b coastal MA

zahzeen: I saw this post about an hour after I left Ocean State Job Lot in Buzzards Bay with a couple of 40 lb bags of birdseed. I would have checked out the Crocs if I'd known (or noticed them). I was in a determined eyes-forward mode so I missed the sale.

I love Crocs for casual wear, although I avoid looking at my feet, and they're no good for digging with a shovel. The winter Wooly Mammoth Crocs might be OK for digging, but I don't dig much in the winter.

Anyway, thanks for the post and I'll take a look when I need some more birdseed.

Claire

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 5:10PM
arbo_retum(z5 ,WinchstrMA)

zz, it was ME a few months ago! and a wonderful GWer posted about the Tewksbury mahoney's selling them, so the very next day i tore up there and bought three pairs!! but this ocean state place certainly will see me v. soon. thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.

I agree completely w/ claire's assessment of crocs, but they are all i wear in the 3 non winter seasons. (When in the garden, i just ask My Love to do the heavy digging!)
best,
mindy

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 11:05PM
zahzeen(5)

Hi, Cloud 9. I was home for the holidays and they did have them also in the Ocean State Job Lot in Wethersfield. Not sure how close you are to the Hartford area, but they are in that store branch too.

Bookmark   December 26, 2009 at 9:55PM
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

I often wondered why crocs were so popular at all, not to mention among the gardening crowd. I tend to do a lot of heavy work when I garden and the crocs are too unstable of a shoe. They are ugly too! Lol.

I like the ugly indoor croc with the soft, plush lining. They slip on and flop off.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 9:49AM
timct(z6 CT)

I had to read this to realize you meant the footwear. I thought Crocs was short hand for Crocus bulbs. I was thinking "wow, it's really late to be buying crocuses, even if they are on sale". LOL.

Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 5:01PM
More Discussions
Tropical Houseplants in CT
Besides Logee's, are there any other nurseries that...
javaandjazz
Landscape Design Council Awards at Boston Flower & Garden Show
I received a press release from Frances Wheeler regarding...
bostongardens
Show us your gardens - a photo thread - March 2015
Welcome to the New England Gardening "Show Us...
NHBabs
Snowdrops
Yes, I know you think they're just cute little white...
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b
Ferjulian's, Brigham Nursery, & Gerards's
Ferjulian in Hudson, MA I discovered this nice hidden...
mrtulin
Sponsored Products
Coast to Coast 43345 Accent Console Table - 43345
$500.00 | Hayneedle
Abbyson Living Berly Nailhead Trim Ottoman - Cream - HS-OT-1050-CRM
$174.95 | Hayneedle
Queen Striped Fitted Sheet - BLACK/WHITE (QUEEN FITTED)
$89.90 | Horchow
Town & Country Rectangular Distressed Sandstone Coffee Table - 603-OT1010
$344.00 | Hayneedle
Ganesh Giclee Brushed Steel Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Calabasas Leather Storage Ottoman - 233829
$339.91 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™