Corn Meal Where to find?

rushaheart(z7-8 TX)August 12, 2009

Im looking to buy bulk Corn Meal but the local feed store charges $19/40lb bag for Horticultural Corn Meal. I asked if they carried just regular Corn Meal and was told no =(. Planning on doing our whole acre and would need several bags.

Im in the Denton, Texas area and if anyone can point me in the right direction to get it cheaper, that would be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anubis_pa(z5 PA)

I don't know if they're in your area but I found something that was mostly cracked corn at a Tractor Supply Company. I can't find that on their site but the link below shows a bag that is all cracked corn, $7.49 / 50#

Here is a link that might be useful: Crack Corn

Bookmark   August 14, 2009 at 11:31PM
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

Are you sure they weren't selling you corn GLUTEN meal? That price for ordinary corn meal is ridiculous. I get mine from a Dallas mill for less than half that amount.

Click here for feed stores in the Denton area. Then start calling.

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 2:48AM
freyja5(8a (Surrey, BC, Canada))

I don't know if this will help or not, but my feed store also doesn't sell corn meal (only cracked corn).

They suggested I call bakery/grocery wholesale places instead, although I haven't needed it yet so I don't know if this is feasible. But considering corn meal is used in some breads and doughs, it might be a possibility.

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 11:12AM
rushaheart(z7-8 TX)

Thanks for the info! We will try TSC this weekend and see if they have any in stock.

The bag we purchased said Horticultural Corn Meal for Lawn. I didnt see anywhere on the bag for CMG and hubby already threw the bag out.

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Thatch Problem // Missing Opportunity to Aerate
I live in zone 5b and have approximately 1" of...
claga
DC Please Post Your Organic Lawn FAQs
I am considering going to organic fertilizers, DC could...
claga
Cornmeal for Brown Patch Disease Works
Hi, I just wanted to share that I had Brown Patch Disease...
bettyfb
Thatch Problem?
I'll be having the lawn aerated next week and I was...
nickrosesn
Why not use herbicide to control Ground Ivy?
I have always practiced organic lawn care. I mow high...
tomp123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™