Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

Violet_Z6(6a)April 13, 2009

Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

Date: April 14, 7-9 pm

Cost: FREE

The White River Group of the Sierra Club invites the public to attend Landscape Design for Energy Efficiency at its April 14 meeting at 7 p.m. at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center. It's possible to cut your electricity usage for heating and cooling by as much as 25 percent - 50 percent for air conditioning simply by shading your house and following other practical energy-efficient landscaping tips.

Our speaker, Jerany Jackson, will tell you how. She is a landscape architect who serves as group leader for landscape architecture at Great River Engineering in Springfield, Mo. Her focus has been on design and management aspects of landscape architecture. She earned a bachelor's degree in landscape architecture from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and her works have been awarded for their design excellence and environmental sensitivity.

The White River Group of the Ozark Chapter of the Sierra Club includes more than 900 members of the national Sierra Club in southwest Missouri. The Group offers a program for members and the interested public at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center.

Come early for refreshments and networking at 6:30 p.m. The Group also offers outings and the opportunity to become involved in regional, state and local conservation and environmental issues. For details, go to White River Group.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Did anyone get to go to this?
I'd never heard of the White River Group or Sierra Club.

My Landscape Design for Energy Efficiency is a big burning bush against the west side of our house. It's too big even though I've pruned it aggresively several times. Every year I say I need to cut it down but it keeps the garage so much cooler with no sun coming in the west windows so I've left it there. It definitely makes a difference.

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 9:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonlitriverride

damn, when was this? i've been trying to set up my own landscaping thing after seeing these guys (see link) work on a field near our place. it's actually one of those impossible dreams, but it helps one to have a few of those every once in a while. will there be more of these things here soon?

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Property Maintenance

Bookmark   August 4, 2009 at 7:06PM
More Discussions
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™