Taking The Organic Leap

eastpenna(6b)September 5, 2007

As mentioned in some previous posts I definitely want to switch over to organics. My only concern was doing this at the same time as a total lawn renovation. I seeded the mag 3 last Monday 8-27. The new grass is about 1/2" tall now, I figure I can't do anything out here until October 1st?

So I thought what I would do is, since I am not renovating, or even overseeding, my back yard, was to start there. I have picked up some Bone Meal and Sulfate of Potash, as suggested by my soil test, and I have some organic fertilizer.

I will core aerate, and then fertilize and add the amendments hopefully today. I would hope that by October 1st I may see some results?

If this goes well, and I am sure it will, is October 1st to late to do the same out front? Organic fertilizer and add amendments. I know things work best when soil temps are above 55 degrees, but have no idea what the average soil temps are at that time. By the way I am near the King of Prussia, Valley Forge area.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skoot_cat

I will core aerate, and then fertilize and add the amendments hopefully today. I would hope that by October 1st I may see some results?

Your plan sound good to me. You should see some results, but don't get overly excited just yet. Organics Take time. Remember, your building healthy soil, and this isn't going to happen over night or even in 3 weeks. But, it sounds like your on the right track.

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
overseeding help !
Hi All, I have a 5000 sft lawn with tall fescue, in...
gmanar
Basic Outline to Follow for Organic Lawn Care
I have made earlier post describing the problems I...
claga
Questions about overseeding
Hi all, soon I will be overseeding my Tall Fescue with...
oberci
Cornmeal for Brown Patch Disease Works
Hi, I just wanted to share that I had Brown Patch Disease...
bettyfb
Help, switching to organic lawn
So, I aerated and reseeded my bare(dead, dying, weed...
ballerj63
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™