My Most Stupid Gardening Mistake

oakleif(z6 AR)April 21, 2007

I was doing a search abt dogs in gardens and came across a thread with the above title. It was so funny. I stole it from mid atlantic region the date was Feb.02

Remember we were all newbes once. At my age i've many many stories to tell. My latest one is on going. I bought a rosemary in a plantable pot at Walmart. I thought, oh neat just plant the whole pot. I'm a very experienced gardener, i don't need to read the directions. WRONG!! Last night i saw a commercial about those very pots a-n-d you are supposed to clip the bottom of the pot off before you plant it. Now i've got to dig it up and replant it----- after i clip the bottom off.

vickie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

vickie, my thought is we are never to old or experienced to make mistakes! I am sure I am older than you and still make them. Last one was building wood frame garden gates out of cedar (which warps like crazy) and then not joining them with nuts, washers and bolts. The nails are slowly working out of them so I spent a good hour on one repairing with bolts like I should have done in the beginning. I still have one more to go.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 7:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Violet_Z6(6a)

The purpose of life is to learn and teach.

Mistakes are just part of learning...

;)

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
A Sample of My Country-Style Gardening
This combo is all self-seeding annuals: Salvia farinacea;...
gldno1
March Gardening Letter from MU
I always find good info on these: March Gardening Calendar...
gldno1
Craft fairs
I will have company visiting the week of Oct. 14. They...
helenh
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™