rid- ex?

sweetwm007(6 b)May 19, 2009

have meant to buy some for 2 yrs. finally got around to it last week. reading the contents and instructions it says it has beneficial bacteria.[ who would sell bacteria that isn't beneficial?] wonder if you could use this for an activator for a compost pile? just a thought from rural arkansas!

william

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jspeachyn5

I had the same thought at one time.
Try googling and see all the different answers.
Some are quite detailed.
Bonnie

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 9:38AM
pauln(z7B Arkansas)

I buy unbeneficial bacteria all the time. It comes in a can or bottle, and it's called Coke E. Coli.

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 2:48PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I would be afraid of it. The directions say to put it down the toilet not the sink. They say don't breathe it. I would like to put it down my sink drain because that gets blocked with grease but the hose to the dishwasher could allow it to somehow get in the dish washer. When I was in school E coli was not a pathogen just an indicator of sewage. Now you are afraid of manure because of all the people who have gotten really sick. I think some of it is filthy processing and produce in a plastic bag is like a petri dish. Anyway I never was afraid of manure and now I am careful of it. I think if you have the right conditions for rot, there are millions of bacteria in the soil and on the organic matter. Your molasses should help it grow.

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
A Sample of My Country-Style Gardening
This combo is all self-seeding annuals: Salvia farinacea;...
gldno1
Saw the first signs today......
And SOOO excited.....spotted daffodils and ornithogalums...
mocountryboys
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™