Plant Swap in SE PA

homequaker1(z6 PA)March 23, 2008

Plant swap in Chester County, near Coatsville.

A spring plant swap will be at Hibernia Park on Saturday, April 26th. Free. No sales. Please arrive between 8:30 and 9:00 to unload your plants.

We are again at Pavilion #4. If you enter the park through the main entrance, then turn right, it's the first pavilion you come to on the right. You may pull up to the pavilion to unload, and then move to the parking lot.

For more info, call the Park at 610-383-3812.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vlf4230(z6 Pa)

For as long as I have been growing I have never been to a formal plant swap. Can you tell me how it works, what to expect and not expect?

Thanks,

Jim

Bookmark   April 2, 2008 at 7:09PM
ninamora

Jim,
First, take out the idea of "formal".
This is just fun. Dig up your plants, like you are dividing them. Try to include labels. You can pot them, bring them bare rooted(don't let them dry out), in plastic grocery bags, whatever. Bring as much or as little as you have to spare. Expect to receive a similar amount as what you bring. You may get more or less, depending on how much everyone else brings.
Traders usually arrive and unload plants, start talking, and looking at all the varieties. You can make trades right away or when everyone is ready, you just go around and pick up the plants you want.
If there is something you wanted that disappears too fast, try to find out who brought it, and chances are, you can arrange to get some from them for something from your garden. It was always just a great deal of fun, sharing gardening stories, and plants, and ideas when I ran the show. By the way...I started the Hibernia plant swap,many year ago.
Nina

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 10:38PM
suzannie(zn6 pa)

I'm so sorry I'm going to miss this event. I'm out of town until May 1st. It's just down the road from where I love and would love to attend. Oh well-maybe next time.

Bookmark   April 23, 2008 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Success of Crape Myrtle in South Central PA
Was wondering if anyone had success in South Central...
Fern2002
Help with walkway plantings!
I've done so much research and am trying to figure...
BloominOnion
question about weed/plant
Does anyone know what this is? It popped up in my flower...
bon_j
Planting a Fall Garden
Hey Everyone, I was looking through the old posting...
dwoodley2010
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™