Daffs are blooming!

Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)March 30, 2007

A nice cheery bunch of daffodils is in full bloom next to the back gate. A beautiful sight!

Today I'm going to start soil preparation for a new vegetable patch, in a bare area of the perennial beds. Time to go find the spade and sharpen the edge..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthlydelights(6 pushing 7)

carol, it's great, isn't it? i even have some hyacinth coming in as well. the magnolia tree is beginning to flower and i can see the buds on the forsithia and lilacs. spring has sprung!!!!!!

i've been out working the last two days cleaning and prepping. i love it.

maryanne

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 10:08AM
scully931(6)

Oh, yes. It's so great! I just moved into a house in October and the first thing I did was plant bulbs. I thought I went a little crazy with them actually. But, now that I see them coming up, I definately need more. Still, the crocus are sooo cute. There is a picture below of my favorite. (As if you've never seen a crocus before.) Also, my yard is fenced, but behind that is a forest. There are daffodils growing way into the woods! It's so sweet. I wonder how they got there. Can bulbs just appear? Do you think squirrels could have carried them? I didn't plant any daffodils myself.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 31, 2007 at 10:11PM
sweet_blooms(Z6PA)

YES,this is the best time of the yr. for me. My tulips are erupting from the earth. No buds yet though. I'd say maybe a week and a half from now, they will be blooming so nice. Our area is calling for cold temps. by end of next week, through the easter holiday. Bah humbug, why doesn't winter just go away already!!

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 12:11AM
melissas(z6PA)

Yes, my daffodils are in full bloom, my forsythia bloomed today, and my hyacinths are blooming, too. My crocuses are done (boo-hoo), but I did see a grape hyacinth in bloom, with more to follow. The rest of my property looks dull and brown, so how I delight in these little spots of color!

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
bamboo
Does anyone in Southeastern pa have any bamboo they...
seydoux
Help with walkway plantings!
I've done so much research and am trying to figure...
BloominOnion
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Cold hardy cacti
What are some types or perennial cacti that are hardy...
chel12vuk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™