Is it just me...

Dee67March 4, 2013

I haven't been on GW for quite a few years. While bouncing around the forums I noticed there has been no new postings for 6 mos. or even longer. So many of the categories overlap & sometimes triple overlap. I have to remind myself to look at the date on a post if I am going to reply. I think they should cut out some of the categories. There just doesn't seem to be enough traffic to keep everything rolling. What does everyone else think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chriswanderer90(7)

Yea That's a good idea.

I also think there should be a way to subscribe to multiple categories because there is too many to keep track of.

Some of my recent posts on landscaping help :)

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg0319242623921.html

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg0319305232393.html

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg031935338291.html

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 7:41PM
Dee67

Good idea chriswanderer90. like a "favorites' list when you login or something. I went over to your other posts. You may as well post here, since your from Pa. a lot of knowledgeable people here, even if it is slow. I for one, keep checking in..:)

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:19PM
chriswanderer90(7)

Yes thats a good idea. When i get back home Im probably going to move the landscape help posts on the PA forum.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:54PM
Dee67

I think it would be easier for you. I personally get tired of jumping around to different forum to find if I have answers to my posts. Besides, Other than a slight zonal change from east to west, north to south Pa., the plants from here to there are the same. It will be easier to help you with choices, :)

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 3:38PM
katob Z6ish, NE Pa

Hi guys,
Some categories come and go and you almost have to shop around to see what's active. The Pa forum used to be much more active a few years ago but died out for various reasons. Sometimes a policy change drives people off, sometimes format change, sometimes a single person can kill a forum!

When you post a message did you notice the check off box below the link boxes? You can have all followups emailed to you..... most of the time I forget, but when I do it's hepful in keeping the updates coming.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 8:03PM
Dee67

I did see the check off boxes. But I have so much other crap to keep outta my mailbox I figured I didn't need anymore, although that is a nice feature. I just remember when I was on years ago half the time you couldn't keep up with all the postings & answers because it was busy. I like this forum. It is nice to see what other fellow Pa'ers are doing & how the weather is vastly different from one end of the state to the other.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 9:12AM
katob Z6ish, NE Pa

You're right Dee, I sometimes wonder where everyone is off too!? Maybe blogs, don't know.

Again I forgot to check off the stupid box..... jeesh

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 11:09PM
Dee67

LOL! I hate blogs....I don't even like that word.,LOL!

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 4:04PM
earthlydelights(6 pushing 7)

i too believe blogs are perhaps the reason why these boards are so slow of late. i have been noticing it for over the last year. i frequent only a few separate forums, and even they are not as active. even if i don't post in PA, i still come by on occasion to see what acitivity, if any, is happening. good to stay connected.

maryanne

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 6:39PM
pretty.gurl(5)

I agree with merging some of the topics. There are too many.

As far as blogs go, I have a silly one. I started it because the blog is an easy way for me to keep track of and share information and I was tired of people asking me what I was doing. Lol.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 12:05AM
Dee67

pretty.gurl, isn't that what we do here? I just don't see a difference..,:)

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 2:03PM
stimpy926

Too many choices.... kato is correct about a single person...in that everyone's an 'expert' and it gets tiring hearing disagreements over the smallest details. I lurk more than I post.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 6:51PM
pretty.gurl(5)

Dee67, I am forcing myself to get organized. Lol. It is my strange way. I am so super busy that I forget where notes and articles are. I can stick it on my blog and go back to it, a to-do-research-list.

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
Seedless Grapes
Has anyone has any success with seedless "table"...
nick_17815_pa
Herb Shops in S.Central PA?
I seem to remember there being one along Rt. 81 an...
eibren
Has anyone seen this beetle mixed in with your japanese beetles?
I found this beetle out on my beans. Apparently, six...
bella_trix
bamboo
Does anyone in Southeastern pa have any bamboo they...
seydoux
Sponsored Products
Muse Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$298.00 | Lumens
Mossy Oak Camouflage Pattern Banquet Chair (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
Charlie Chair
$799.99 | Dot & Bo
Americh Vivo 6640 Tub (66" x 40" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Lupine Inc Adjustable Puppy Love Design Safety Cat Collar - 1/2 in. x 8 - 12 in.
$25.99 | Hayneedle
Best Quality Lighting Path & Landscape Lights LV57S-SLV Landscape Lighting Step
$77.00 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™