Botany Shop red cannas

helenh(z6 SW MO)May 5, 2013

Sunny I was there today and they have them. I also saw ruellia back in a greenhouse.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

Thanks, Helen. They are always worth waiting for.
Sunny

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 8:16AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Do you plant them every year? My cannas are variegated and return although I seem to have less instead of having them multiply. I bought 5 red ones from Botany Shop and two packages of Season Starters (wall of water type things). If the sun comes out I may be in more of a mood for plants. Having a house full of tomato plants is holding me back on new purchases. The forecast looks good - bring on spring.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 10:47AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

Yes, I buy them every year. I'm mad about cannas, in general, and my daughter wants a bunch of the President every year for her birthday.

I didn't dig them last year, (looks like they and the dahlias all lived) but did take the potted ones out of the pots last fall and left them in the dirt. They are still under the bench in the greenhouse. I'm going to have to get them out and divide them out, for I'm sure they survived. They are not Presidents, but my favorite, Tropical Sunrise. I have several big pots of them all together in a little sitting area in the sun. There's just something about cannas!

Why don't you trench those big tomatoes (sideways) and get them planted tomorrow, Helen? I'm going to do mine tomorrow. And will probably have to trench a few, rather than plant them deep.
Sunny

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 10:14PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I will probably be planting stuff all day tomorrow. My tomatoes are not hardened off. They never have been out in the wind. They were in a covered dog kennel. Now they have been in the house since Wed and Thursday. The sun and wind would beat them up. I can plant a few and put row cover around them. I don't have places to put them all but I will decide which ones I want to plant and harden some off to give to people. I usually give two of my neighbors tomatoes. Also my friend's sister wants about four. I want to be sure to give her normal tomatoes not weird ones that I have not grown before. I tried several black ones and ones mentioned on various forums. I know I have lost some labels in all the shifting in and out. If you want to try some I am sure I have plenty.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
Storms
We were very lucky and only got 1.5 inches of rain...
gldno1
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
Sponsored Products
Multi-zone programmable RGB ColorPlus LED Touch Controller (Receiver)
EnvironmentalLights.com
Flash Furniture Red Contemporary Barstool
$118.10 | LuxeDecor
Eliot Leather Ottoman - Brighton Parrot Red
Joybird Furniture
10' Red Cedar Opti-Breezeâ„¢ Bridge
Fifthroom.com
Couristan Himalaya Annapurna Area Rug Multicolor - 62894783020037T
$69.00 | Hayneedle
Coast To Coast - 3 Drawer Four Door Credenza in Lenox Textured Red...
Great Furniture Deal
Cayenne Ovo Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Walnut Montmartre Arm Chair in Red
$184.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™