landscape architects or designers

janeth_50(z6MO)May 26, 2006

Are there any landscape architects or designers in SW MO besides Wickman's? I need help deciding where to put plants. I will do the work. Also, I would like to build an outdoor fireplace. Where do I get a fire box for outside? It wouldn't be very big.

Where I would like to put it is 10 feet from the house.

Too close?

Thanks

Janeth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Violet_Z6(6a)

Inquire with Maschino's in Springfield.

As for people who can give advice on plants, contact the Master Gardener's Organization, ask around at the farmer's market (I know some of the vendors do landscaping as a regular business), check the phone book, ask other greenhouses like Steinert's or Carson's for recommendations, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maschino's

Bookmark   May 28, 2006 at 12:01PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Some of the landscape designers in the phone book only work for businesses and won't do designs for home owners. I'm trying to remember the name of the nursery that's next to Steinert's. They will do designs for home owners or at least they used to. I'm not sure they're still there. Their plant selection isn't all that good but they had a photo album full of pictures of work that they'd done at a Lawn and Garden show in Springfield a couple years ago that I thought looked pretty good.
How about checking with real estate agents in your area and see if they could give you some names. Good landscaping helps homes sell, so it seems like they should know if they've been around for awhile especially real estate agents selling upscale homes.

Bookmark   May 30, 2006 at 2:32PM
pauln(z7B Arkansas)

As to the firebox: I've seen some nice metal chimanaeas at home depot. I like these better than the ceramic ones because the fire can be viewed from all sides. I have a simple fire ring in my garden made of rocks. I would think 10 feet is not too close to the house if you remember to only burn when there's not too much wind, you're not in a drought and there's not a whole lot of vegetation including dead leaves nearby.

Bookmark   June 8, 2006 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Storms
We were very lucky and only got 1.5 inches of rain...
gldno1
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
Speaking of Gardens
Here's my column for today, if you missed it or don't...
mosswitch
Sponsored Products
Herman Miller | Bevel Ottoman
YLiving.com
Terzani | Tresor Wall Sconce
$880.00 | YLighting
Wentworth Rug - 4' x 6'
Grandin Road
Landscape Blue and White Urn Porcelain Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Reed and Barton Lyndon Clock - 3900
$50.00 | Hayneedle