ordering on-line- it's too easy

helenh(z6 SW MO)May 6, 2010

I placed an order with Gilbert Wild. Every year I make a list and don't send the order in. This time I ordered on-line and payed with Pay Pal too easy. Tip Don't have a container of grape jelly in your lap when you get distracted at the computer on your way to the oriole feeding place.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

Helen, I do that every year to and then don't order! I tell myself I have enough.....and then I would have to plant them when they come....that's the part I don't like.

I have ordered from them before and had good luck. I will be interested in what you got.

The only one I would really jump for is Indian Giver and they don't carry it. I have thought about Summer Wine instead.

Sorry about the grape jelly! I am sitting here right now watching one gobble the jelly. He is about 6 feet from me.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 6:15PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Grape jelly - sounds like one of those messes that's still sticky even after you clean it up.

I don't have a PayPal set up. Maybe that's a good thing.
I have plenty of room and I love planting stuff. I just hate trying to keep the weeds out.

What did you order?

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 7:17PM
teeandcee(Florida 9b)

LOL, I thought I was the only List Maker Who Never Orders. I've got a list sitting in my shopping cart at Bluestone Perennials that I've been adding to and subtracting from for two weeks now.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 7:42PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

It is Glenda's fault. I ordered 5 hyperion cheap, French Tudor, Sir Modred, and Bella Lugosi. I put no thought in to it except the Hyperion which is described as fragrant and tall. I want to put those in a place where I don't take real good care. I have some old orange ones that have no weeds because they are so vigorous; I hope hyperion is tough. The other attracted me because of pictures; I don't know if they are good ones or not.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 9:50PM
gldno1

I wanted Sir Modred, but thought it was too expensive a few years ago (I'm cheap) but got another dark blackish red instead. I want to put some gaillardia like they show in the picture for Sir Modred.

French Tudor has been on the short list too....my sis has Bella and I am waiting until hers is big enough to share.

Helen, here is another "wish you were closer". I have an entire short row of extra Hyperion in my vegetable garden. I just split one the size of a bushel basket into 5 different plants. You will love it and it couldn't be more easy care! You can also save seeds and grow your own. I think I have shown pictures of mine before and they do get nice and tall. Some of the oldies are the best I think.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 5:08AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Is it fragrant enough to notice? Most daylilies are not fragrant unless you stick your nose in the flower.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 3:49PM
gldno1

It is the most fragrant of any I grow but you do have to bend down to smell. Bear in mind, I don't think my smeller is as sensitive as some. It is a lovely scent though.

The color is also good; not a harsh gold like my Coronation Gold Achillea.

Bookmark   May 8, 2010 at 5:24AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Federal Express brought my day lilies today. They were packed in shredded newspaper dry as they should be. I am satisfied with my order.

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 4:28AM
gldno1

Good! Now you can safely order more...

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 6:33AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Congrats Helen! Will they bloom this year? You'll have to be sure to post a photo later if they do.

Bookmark   May 13, 2010 at 7:34AM
teeandcee(Florida 9b)

I'd love to see pics too. Good to know they're reliable also.

Bookmark   May 14, 2010 at 6:22PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I am not expecting bloom this year but we will see. They cut most of the foliage off when they ship daylilies, so they will have to grow a lot.

Bookmark   May 15, 2010 at 12:37AM
More Discussions
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™