Dad gum cold temps

taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)May 8, 2010

Last nights cool temps(46) made some of my coleus sulk. The only Colocasia I have planted out did fine. I'm a little worried about the cooler temps tonight though. Their saying 42 tonight. I think everything except the couple coleus will be ok. So glad I've been holding back on planting the rest of my coleus and elephant ears. I'm thinking I should bring my peppers inside tonight along with the coleus and EEs I have in pots and maybe cover the EE outside. I think everything is going in the ground next week. Temps look good after Monday. How did your plants take last nights temps?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teeandcee(Florida 9b)

My plants are fine. I'm having doubts about getting many 'maters this year though.

My aunt from Florida called today and asked if it was hot up here too, lol.

Bookmark   May 8, 2010 at 9:36PM
gldno1

I brought in 3 flats of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. I thought 40° wouldn't do them any good at all.

I heard the 'frost' word last night when the weather report was on. Gads! I sure hope not for anyone.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 6:01AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We are very lucky it didn't get even colder. I saw several posts in other forums this week about the cold front and late frost. I didn't cover anything but maybe I should have.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 8:48AM
ceresone(missouri ozarks)

This is our "Blackberry winter" Happens every year, about, at this time. Remember I said earlier that we wouldnt be safe until May 10-12? However, I believe we've made it this year. Sure hope so, cause I cant move anything.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 9:08AM
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

Temps look good on the 10 day now but looks like showers and thunderstorms for the next 8 days. Ouch!

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Breaking up new ground for garden
I am wanting to expand my garden in a couple of years...
mission16
winter gardening
How many peaple garden thruout the winter in the Ozarks?...
strongeagle
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™