Cozying Up to Trees--Ornamental That Is

chescobob(z6b SEPA)April 8, 2006

I don't have any trees in my cleared yard. However, I have plenty of hickory in my woods behind it. I went to the local nursery and found some nice flowering ornamental trees. One is called "Crimson Cascade Weeping Peach." No one seems to have one on the Trees Forum. How about here? I have linked it from the actual grower below.

Another one I looked at was a Centennial Magnolia. That seems to be a more common tree.

Anyone have any comments on either?

Here is a link that might be useful: Crimson Cascade Weeping Peach

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caliloo(z6/7)

Pretty tree and sounds nice. I don't have one, but I did find a little info using google....

http://www.suesgarden.com.au/blossom_trees.html

Good luck and post photos! I would love to see it.

Alexa

Bookmark   April 9, 2006 at 4:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chescobob(z6b SEPA)

I bought my weeping peach this afternoon after we went to church. My mother and I visited the nursery at about noon. There were 10 there. When we left the nursery, I noticed a person picking one out. I dropped off my mother, a Diablo Ninebark, and a Lilac Sensation at home and headed back to the nursery for the tree.

When I arrived at the nursery, there were 2 on one cart and another shopper had 4 in her cart--along with three centennial magnolias. I got a nice one and headed for the checkout. When I was at the checkout, the nursery fellow mentioned that they would be sold out by the end of the day. Then someone behind me said they were all gone--she bought the last three.

These trees seem to be a bit different than the regular pink and white bloomers that one sees around here. At any rate, they were gone fast today.

Bookmark   April 9, 2006 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Gardenweb MidAtl Swap May 10
Hey southeast PAers who are close to the Maryland line,...
sujiwan_gw
Vegetable planting dates guide for 5b
Does anyone have a link to a guide for vegetable planting...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
What is this little red berry?
Can someone please tell me what this little red berry...
zBernie
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
What kind of tree is this?
We bought a house recently and I would like to know...
Pittsburgh_Amy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™