Tree and Shrub Nursery

DStoney828(z6 Pa)April 30, 2005

Does anyone in the Bethlehem, Pa. area (hour north of Philly) know of some really good Nursey's. By good, I mean large selection(much acreage). You look some of these nursery's and garden centers up in the phone book, travel and end up disappointed. I am willing to travel an hour or so. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Dean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LinPatriot(Z6 PA)

Hi Dean - Have you been to Glenmar Nursery in Bath? It's about 15 minutes north of Route 22...it's a little out of the way - the first time I went there, i thought i was lost. In my opinion, is one of the best in the area...hopefully it's not one of the garden centers you were disappointed with!

I've went to a few other places in NJ, probably about 45 minutes from Bethlehem and although they aren't huge nurseries, the plant quality has been excellent. I can get you the names/locations if you would like...good luck!

Bookmark   May 5, 2005 at 8:59AM
LinPatriot(Z6 PA)

I forgot to include this link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Glenmar

Bookmark   May 5, 2005 at 9:01AM
Kellianne(6B SE PA)

Hi, Dean. I don't know how far Bethlehem is from Doylestown, but I stumbled upon this site when I was searching for nurseries in my area. Apparantly they have 190 acres and they are also closing at the end of this year so they have specials going. Hope that's useful.

Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: Highland Hill Farm

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 11:14AM
zinnia_PA(z5PA)

I second the vote for Glenmar. I love wandering around there.

Bookmark   May 6, 2005 at 12:07PM
DStoney828(z6 Pa)

Thanks all for the sites. Lin, I did travel to Glenmar and have been there in the past. Very nice nursery and I picked up a lot of perenials. I also stopped by the Foliage Farm near Kutztown, which also has a large selection of shade trees and perenials. I still am have trouble finding a good selection of trees( Deodora Cedar's, Blue Atlas, Robusta Juniper etc.) I traveled to Buck's County last weekend and found four great gardencenters within 10 min. of each other. Most had a great selection, but no delivery to my area. Guess I need to get a truck. One of the nicest down there was Farm & Garden Station off of route 611. Any others with nice locations please let me know.

Dean

Bookmark   May 8, 2005 at 11:38AM
zinnia_PA(z5PA)

Did you ever try Tall Timbers. They also have a good selection

Here is a link that might be useful: Tall Timbers Nursery

Bookmark   May 9, 2005 at 8:05AM
summer66(z5PA)

I also like Tall Timbers and Glen Mar. You may also want to check out Kuss Bros on Cedar Crest Blvd. near Hamilton.

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 5:04PM
More Discussions
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Need advice on digging and overwintering shrubs/perennials
We may be unexpectedly moving in late Nov/early Dec....
portia
What kind of tree is this?
We bought a house recently and I would like to know...
Pittsburgh_Amy
Seedless Grapes
Has anyone has any success with seedless "table"...
nick_17815_pa
Great full shade evergreen suggestions?
I currently have china boy holly to the left of my...
BloominOnion
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™