Hummers

bluepoppy1(z6 Pa)April 29, 2005

THe humming birds are back in my area...Get those feeders out.........

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DStoney828(z6 Pa)

Mine are out...I am still waiting...They have been out for a week now, so hopefully soon. This is my first attemp, we will see. I need to go flower shopping today.

Bookmark   April 30, 2005 at 9:51AM
carol23_gw

I was looking for them but so far, haven't seen one.
They love one of the weedier Corydalis species so I haven't ripped out the extras. Aesculus pavia is in bud and when it's open they should have returned. I filled their feeder thinking I might see one on a rainy day.

Bookmark   April 30, 2005 at 7:16PM
sarahbn(z6Pa.)

I haven't seen any either Coralbells, lonicera sempervirens (cedar lane and Alabama crimson) are blooming. Several native azaleas, aesculus pavia too. Also carolina jessamine bleeding hearts bearded irisis a couple of different phlox that I don't know the name of are all blooming The flowering quince is almost finished blooming. But no hummers that I know of. Last year I saw my first April 27th! none yet this year. Sarah

Bookmark   April 30, 2005 at 8:54PM
sween(5NEPA)

No sign of hummers here either. We put feeders up several weeks ago, just in case, but so far, nothing. It's pretty amazing how quickly hummers find feeders; several years we set out the feeders in, oh, mid-May, and within minutes, literally, hummers would be on them.

Bookmark   May 1, 2005 at 12:41PM
bluepoppy1(z6 Pa)

They usually show up here about May 1st..Here a few days before that this year........Had the feeder out about a week before that....

Bookmark   May 1, 2005 at 2:02PM
jesmello(z6PA)

I saw my first ones on Thursday. They were flying up to my windows. This might be a dumb question but do the same ones come back year after year? They would always fly up to my living room windows last year when the feeder was empty. I haven't had a chance to put my feeder out yet and everyday since Thursday I have seen them flying around my windows.Just wondering.

Bookmark   May 1, 2005 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Has anyone seen this beetle mixed in with your japanese beetles?
I found this beetle out on my beans. Apparently, six...
bella_trix
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
Herb Shops in S.Central PA?
I seem to remember there being one along Rt. 81 an...
eibren
no acorns / no hickory nuts (Berks Co)
our yard is surrounded by 3 acres of woodland. normally...
woodsidetrader
Planting a Fall Garden
Hey Everyone, I was looking through the old posting...
dwoodley2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™