Chrysogonum virginianum?

Violet_Z6(6a)June 9, 2009

Does anyone know if this is being sold anywhere in and around the Springfield Mo area?

Chrysogonum virginianum

Common Names: Goldenstar, Green and Gold

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
razorback33(z7)

Probably will be difficult to find at local nurseries, unless they stock a number of native plants and then they may not have it, as it isn't native anywhere west of the Miss River.
Your best solution may be ordering online. Be sure to check ratings for any source at Dave's GardenWatchDog, before ordering.
Be aware that the plants are somewhat difficult to transplant, as they require several hours of sunlight and constant moisture, yet good drainage.
I have tried, with limited success, several times, mainly due to the moisture requirement and it makes me mad, since a neighbor has a large patch growing in the middle of his lawn (from my seed!) that he can't get rid of, due to bits of the runners left behind, when he digs it up.
Hope you are able to get it established and enjoy it!
Rb

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 1:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Violet_Z6(6a)

razorback33,

Thank you, I'm very aware of online resources. I'm looking for a local source. Are you in Georgia? How did you stumble onto this forum? Sounds like I need to send your neighbor some postage and have him send me some runners....

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
March Gardening Letter from MU
I always find good info on these: March Gardening Calendar...
gldno1
Storms
We were very lucky and only got 1.5 inches of rain...
gldno1
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
peaceofmind
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™