Big Storms Around

dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)June 15, 2013

Hope all you Ozarks gardeners are okay and safe today. We have had 2 1/2 inches of rain so far and more on the way. Poor garden has taken a beating. Be safe everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Did you get hail or wind? We were eating at Stogie's in Joplin and changed our order to go so we wouldn't be out in the storm. I live south and don't think anything is falling at my house. I would love to have 2 inches plus because my rocks have dried out and I am watering, but no hail or damage please.

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 4:27PM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Helen, we ended up with 3" of rain with a little hail and quite a bid of strong winds. No serious damage but lot of flooding all over town. A small area about 5 miles south of me had 9" of rain. WOW!!

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 4:36PM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

That was some storm! We had very heavy lightning and 2-2/3 inches of rain. No hail that I'm aware of, and no wind. It just came straight down and so did the lightning.

Intellicast says rain expected every day but next Friday. Hope everyone got their hay in.

I'll definitely need to fertilize my flowers/vegetables after all this water. The roses (blooms) took a beating and look terrible. Lots to do this week -- hope everyone is okay.
Sunny

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 8:24AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We only got about an inch of rain and it's hard to believe that not far away they got 9. Wow! Glad we didn't get that much and glad I wasn't out driving in it.

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
Saw the first signs today......
And SOOO excited.....spotted daffodils and ornithogalums...
mocountryboys
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™