Any Shipments Yet?

shadylady_pa(Z6 PA)April 7, 2005

I only placed an order to Bluestone this year, which I am anxiously awaiting. I had a gift certificate to White Flower Farm, but haven't ordered anything yet because for the past two years, they shipped way too early for me.

Has anyone here gotten a shipment yet? Where from? What's in it? Have you been able to plant yet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gerry_wyomingpa(z6)

I got my first shipment today, from Witherspoon Roses...Honey Dijon, Intrigue and Brandy...I did do some planting on Tuesday, three other roses which I purchased locally.

I have three more rose orders coming and two perennial orders, all this month, or very early next!

Gerry

Bookmark   April 7, 2005 at 11:30PM
coriander(z5PA)

Stark Brothers sent fruit trees two weeks ago and I planted them. I received the Raintree Nursery order yesterday and about have it done, raspberries, and chestnut trees. My local 4-H delivered strawberries and they are in the ground too.

coriander

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 1:23PM
wolfe15136(z6 PA)

I got my order from Hortus Monday.

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 4:49PM
naturenut_pa(z6 PA)

i received a shipment about 4 weeks ago from spring hill nursery. i received carnations, foxglove, columbine, coreopsis, trumpet vine. all were planted within a week and are doing very well. 2 weeks ago i received 12 bamboo from tradewinds nursery and planted them the day they arrived: 5 sasa palmata, 5 pseudosasa japonica and 2 ph. bissetti. all are doing well except for the palmata. they require shade until they adjust, but there isn't enough tree foliage.

Bookmark   April 9, 2005 at 11:10PM
janepa(Z5-6 PA)

I received my order of daylilies from Oakes on Friday. They arrived in great shape, and the fans are huge as usual, and there were two bonus plants sent also. We had a beautiful day for planting today, but because of my dear brother-in-law's funeral and much needed time with the family, they will be planted on Monday. There are four more orders of daylilies from other vendors to follow.
Happy gardening. Jane

Bookmark   April 9, 2005 at 11:16PM
Carol_SE_PA_6

My roses from David Austin Roses arrived on Tuesday and were in the ground on Wednesday, in time for the rain on Thursday/Friday. What a great Saturday and Sunday - finally!

Bookmark   April 10, 2005 at 8:07AM
shadylady_pa(Z6 PA)

That's so exciting!

I just got my shipment from Bluestone today. Spring has officially begun!

Bookmark   April 12, 2005 at 2:27PM
Kathy46(Z6 Pa)

Recieved my shipment of Phlox Mardis Gras from Bluestone last Friday.

Kathy

Bookmark   April 12, 2005 at 2:30PM
mgood4u(z6-PA)

hey-I wonder where my stuff from Bluestone is!

Bookmark   April 14, 2005 at 12:52AM
Treehgr(z6/N. BUCKS, PA)

I received a shipment from Springhill Nurseries on Monday. 3 russian sage, 3 fountain grass and 5 hosta.

In addition to these plants, I have 12 perenniels I bought last year when Frank's Nursery and Craft's went out of business. $.50 a piece and all survived the winter in my garage--veronicas, yarrow, columbines, butterfly bush, and one unidentified (hey it was 50 cents--couldn't resist!).

Plus I have evening primrose and white iris divisions from a co-worker. Needless to say, I will have a busy next couple of weeks!

But thank goodness spring is FINALLY here!

Bookmark   April 14, 2005 at 8:39AM
chescobob(z6b SEPA)

I couldn't wait and went to a nursery outside D. C. to get 21 rose bushes. However, I received two mail shipments too: a Scentimental and Sunsprite from Edmunds last week; a Radiant Perfume and a Tuscan Sun from Jackson & Perkins yesterday, and next week my Just Joey, Honey Dijon, and George Burns from Rosemania are to be shipped.

I hope to put the Radiant Perfume and Tuscan Sun in the ground within the hour.

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 7:40AM
peaches20(6 PA)

I just received my shipment from Bluestone last Friday. Now I wish it would rain so I can plant. Ground is really dry and cracked.

Peaches

Bookmark   April 18, 2005 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
Great full shade evergreen suggestions?
I currently have china boy holly to the left of my...
BloominOnion
Has anyone seen this beetle mixed in with your japanese beetles?
I found this beetle out on my beans. Apparently, six...
bella_trix
Gardenweb MidAtl Swap May 10
Hey southeast PAers who are close to the Maryland line,...
sujiwan_gw
Need suggestions for fast growing hardy privacy shrubs.
I'm looking to plant some privacy shrubs in our backyard...
Jsc12
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™