Beerhog started it!

kaye(7a AR)June 20, 2006

The garden is looking decent considering the weather and lack of rain. Note my grass is nowhere as green as Beerhog's.

A border of daylillies blooming now

Annabelle is the only hydrangea blooming this year..late freeze got the rest

A corner where The Prince lives

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beerhog(z7AR)

Glad I got something started and glad to know I will have stuff to look at all weekend.

Bookmark   June 20, 2006 at 9:26PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

That's a BIG border Kaye! I like the way it curves around. My Annabelle hydrangea is full of blooms this year but my others didn't do well. I don't remember having a late freeze here. I was thinking it might've been an early hard freeze before they were hardened off. I remember my Japanese maple froze before it ever got its fall colors then its leaves just turned brown and held on all winter. It's never done that before.

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 9:11AM
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

My dream garden! Just no words to describe the beauty of it.

Bookmark   June 25, 2006 at 1:38AM
jll0306(9/ Sunset 18/High Desert)

Kaye, I just spent a half an hour looking at your garden album. Wow! Just Wow!

What you have done is amazing....bed by bed by bed by bed. Thanks for sharing.

I am surprised to see that tropicals like banana plants and hibiscus thrive there, too. Do you need to cover them in the winter?

As an Ozarks gardener wannabe, I could ask you a million other questions, and probably will once I have the dirt to dig my hands into.

Jan

Bookmark   July 6, 2006 at 5:44PM
rose_r_red(z6 or 5?)

WOW! Now thats a nice garden! I only hope mine will look half as good when the plants get bigger and when I finally get done with this place. I am just staring, I am only one year into trying to turn what was a forest of scrub into a yard and garden. A year ago, you could not even walk through here for the briars, sprouts, weeds, and mess. Its been a massive amount of work, but worth it. Hopefully someday I will get there and can post some nice pictures.

Bookmark   July 9, 2006 at 2:10PM
ozarkhelen(Z6-Texas County)

A beautiful garden, I hope you don't mind I printed it off and maybe it will give me incentive to get off my lazy behind and get started planting, I have my starts of flowers I moved down from Ia still in pots! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden. Helen

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 3:27PM
deafblossom(z7AR)

VERY BEAUTIFUL!! I hope I will able to visiting your rose garden someday. My roses are doing fine except Veilchenblau! I have been surfing with rose in gardenweb. I think I found what exctally wrong with it. It has nitrogen deficiency. Oh Boy!! I have been away lots this summer and will stay home lots next year summer. Kat

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 3:56PM
kaye(7a AR)

Sorry to be so late in getting back..it's been a bad summer and the well has not had a break. I love coming here as everyone in the same area can relate to what we've been going thru..though I hear you lucky guys further north have had rain! Even 30 miles north has had what we've missed. I took a few pictures this week and there is link below. Thankfully, we only hit the mid 90's the last few and things are looking okay. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to fall!

Jan, the banana trees will come back in the mild winters we have here sometimes..I don't take chances and always save a few. I don't think the tropical hibiscus would make it. We take them in in the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: This week

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 10:36PM
jll0306(9/ Sunset 18/High Desert)

Thanks, Kaye.

If our plans to move to NW AR come through, we will be in zone 6a. I have a feeling the winter there will be too hard for the tropicals to make it without some babying along, but I look forward to trying.

I love the little Buckwheat plant! Got any seeds to share??

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 11:28AM
kadasuki(z6 NW AR)

What a beautiful garden!!! I'm so envious! Beerhog is so good at starting things.

Kat

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 7:14PM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

Beautiful pics, Kaye. My hydrangea's also got zapped by a late freeze this year. For the first time in years, I got no blooms from them.

Randy

Bookmark   September 24, 2006 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
winter gardening
How many peaple garden thruout the winter in the Ozarks?...
strongeagle
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
Speaking of Gardens
Here's my column for today, if you missed it or don't...
mosswitch
Hello Everyone!
Well, I've been away for 8 years but am finally back...
fourseasons_2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™