good source of annual in S. Central PA

leeds376(z6a S.Cent. PA)May 7, 2007

looking for a nursery with a good collection of annuals near Adams County PA. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sujiwan_gw

Well, Taylors Greenhouses, of course on Fairgrounds Rd off 234. I found a lot there last year, but they are only open for a short period of time--like 3 months! You can look on the web for their page.

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 8:56AM
bulldinkie(pa)

Ashcombe in Dillsburg and Country MArket nursery up the road from Ascombs here often.BOth are off rt#15.do you live in adams?I DO.

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 7:40AM
eibren(z6PA)

Highland Gardens in Camp Hill and Rose Hill close by also have annuals. HG has been beefing up their annual collection over the past several years to include some that are perennial in warmer climates. They also have a nice selection of shade perennials, as well as perennials for sun.

There are also a couple of greenhouses going South on Rt. 74 from Dover, one just before downtown Dover and one shortly after you pass through Dover, both on the left.

There's also a nice greenhouse in Hellam, on Market St. headed toward the Susquehanna River. Just before the bridge going over the Susquehanna, there should still be a small Armatelle factory outlet on the left, right on the river in Wrightsville.

A smaller, but still interesting greenhouse is North of York on North George Street Extended, best accessed via a shortcut from Rt 24 if coming back from Hellam.

You could make a day of it and do the whole circuit!

Bookmark   May 17, 2007 at 3:12AM
More Discussions
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
The Chipmunks Must Die!
Last year I asked for advice about getting rid of the...
annld
Has anyone seen this beetle mixed in with your japanese beetles?
I found this beetle out on my beans. Apparently, six...
bella_trix
Rain Rain Go Away...For Just a While.
I love rain as much as the next gardener, waters your...
portia
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™