Allentown alpine strawberries?

lpinkmountain(5b/6a border PA)May 23, 2009

I want to plant Alpine strawberries in my yard. NOT the regular ones, these are very small and have NO runners. I bought some over 20 years ago at some nursery near Warminster that is probably not even there anymore, I think I heard they went out of business shortly after I bought the plants. Anyway that was my old yard. I would like to plant these very much but don't know where to find any. I could even plant seeds if I could find them. Any suggestions for a source near Allentown. I wouldn't mind driving an hour or so.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eibren(z6PA)

Highland Gardens in Camp Hill, PA has some in their Herbs section, but the supply is limited. Maybe you could try to find out who they got them from and call that nursery to see if they provisioned any garden shops closer to you with them.

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 12:49PM
ajpa(z6 se PA)

I bought a packet of seeds at Ott's Exotic Plants in Schwenksville. It's a bit far from you though (probably at least one hour). Maybe they'd mail it to you? Just an idea -- the seeds are so small I don't think they'd get crushed.
If you go be prepared to buy a bunch of plants & seeds -- they have some great plants there that are hard to resist.

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 10:03AM
alexander3_gw(6 Pennsylvania)

Pine Tree Seed sells seed for a few different varieties:
https://www.superseeds.com/products.php?cat=85

Alex in Bethlehem

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 12:18AM
More Discussions
Help with walkway plantings!
I've done so much research and am trying to figure...
BloominOnion
bamboo
Does anyone in Southeastern pa have any bamboo they...
seydoux
Success of Crape Myrtle in South Central PA
Was wondering if anyone had success in South Central...
Fern2002
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Any bear sitings or tracks in the mud?
My friend cleared her back yard out to build a garage,...
poaky1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™