Did anybody get rain?

christie_sw_mo(Z6)July 16, 2013

We were gone yesterday evening but had about 1/10 of an inch of rain in the rain gauge when we got home. It's July so I'm not going to complain....much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I got a sprinkle, stayed out in it and didn't get very wet. I consider even that a miracle because I asked for rain and it came in from the wrong direction - has to be a miracle - but I'd like more please.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:23AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

I got less than 1/4 inch. It rained straight down and small drops and boy, was I happy to see it. More tonight, I hope.
Sunny

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:04PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We got another 4/10 yesterday. That seemed more like a real rain. Getting a tenth just makes it humid.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 6:03PM
mosswitch

Got about 3/4 of an inch here. Just enough to make me shut off the sprinklers and give me a small respite from frantically trying to get everything watered.

We're putting in a different system underneath the big hostas that act like umbrellas, with spot spitters that deliver way more water directly to the root system than before. I have been using overhead and impulse sprinklers where I don't have soakers, but even after 3 hours the ground under those hostas was still bone dry. More cedar mulch is going down this week to cover the soakers, which have worked up to the surface after a couple of years.

Sandy

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 9:44AM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

We did get about 3/4 of needed rain last night. Sounds like some folk had quite a bit more.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:29AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

I got about quarter inch last night and it's been raining steadily all day.
Sunny

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 12:36PM
gldno1

We got a whopping 1.5 inches last evening....we were thrilled.....I caused it; I had watered most of the day!

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 5:47PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Well thank you Glenda because you got me nearly an inch.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 7:26PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

If I count what we got last night/early this morning, my grand total for the weekend was two inches. That's just wonderful for late July.
I have to water the containers on my patio almost every day but I've only watered the perennials out in my yard once this summer so far and actually I didn't make it all the way around my yard so some things have gotten no supplemental water at all. What a change from last summer.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:22AM
mosswitch

There was a total of 1 1/2" in the rain gauge this morning, but I noticed that on the south side of a big tree where I am working on a new bed, the ground was still dry. It didn't get under the tree canopies much. It is so humid, I think a lot of the rain is still in the air, lol! But it is a nice respite from the heat to see 68 degrees on the thermometer this morning!

Sandy

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:54AM
gldno1

You are welcome Helen.

We got another 1/2inch this morning. I think our total for July is near 5 inches! Unbelievable!

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 4:51PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

My total since the middle of June is 1.5 inches and that has been the last few days. I have watered lots and siphoned the pond on the hill. Except for early spring; this year was just as dry as the last two years here.

I got another inch last night so I am in good shape with all my stock tanks full.

This post was edited by helenh on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 15:05

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 6:43PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Looks like the Joplin area is getting some rain right now too. Glad to see that. I'm hearing thunder here.

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 9:22AM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Looks like we are going to end up with about 1 1/2" of slow all day rain. I came down just perfect!

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 6:12PM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Well, four days later we must have been under the sky spicket as this morning register 3 1/2" of rain. Glad I got the onions out a few days ago. How did everyone else do for rainfall?

This post was edited by dirtguy50 on Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 18:47

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 8:37AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

I had 2 1/2 inches in the gauge this morning. YEA!
Sunny

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 9:17AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

1.5 inches since yesterday. I am picking all tomatoes if they have any pink at all because they are splitting. I am not complaining though. It is amazing how the rose o Sharon perked up since it started raining. They are a little bent today because they are wet but they have been looking good.

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 1:11PM
gldno1

We ended up with 2.75 inches! My MIL is sw Springfield got 3.5 inches.

I pulled the rest of onions; they had soggy tops. We laid them out on the flat bed of the trailer and I hope they dry out quickly and don't rot. They were some of the nicest I have raised.

I also picked a small tub of tomatoes....two were already rotten. I hadn't been in the garden for three days because our granddaughter and her friend's visit.

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 8:27AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We got two more inches after I last posted and then another 3. Hope August is as generous with rain as July was.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
peaceofmind
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
Sponsored Products
8'x10' Hand Knotted Beige Tabriz Revival Oriental Rug New Zealand Wool Sh20008
1800 Get A Rug
Horus 4-light LG Silver Vanity Mirror
Overstock.com
Football Field Tournament Cornhole Set - FOOTBALL-RED/ROYAL
$180.96 | Hayneedle
Classic Percale Oversize Sheet Set
Overstock.com
Cherry Grove Generation Bed Bench - 091-480
$368.67 | Hayneedle