Be On The Alert for these Visitors!

gldno1July 14, 2012

I found these lovelies on the tomatoes back in the orchard garden....then I saw they were on almost all foliage both on the ground and up some tree trunks on the fruit trees.

I have never seen this many before but I think I have seen a few in the garden....probably due to our mild winter.

I just sprayed the huge bunch on the grass clump and the tomato row.

I think the are Striped Blister Beetles. I found info on the website put out by Florida U. Not a good thing to have around.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Oh no! Look how many! I have blister beetles eating my hostas but not the same kind. Mine are just solid grayish. I haven't seen striped ones like that. Gardening has way too many enemies. It's discouraging.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 7:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I have had those. I sprayed with Sevin and they left, but then they would appear somewhere else. They ate leaves off my Cherokee Purple on one side; the tomatoes then sun burnt. Another time they were on grass and I mowed over them. I went in to get my sprayer and when I came back they had flown away. The behavior is not like the gray ones. Before you know it they can have something completely eaten up.

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Saw the first signs today......
And SOOO excited.....spotted daffodils and ornithogalums...
mocountryboys
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™