Elephant ears

jspeachyn5July 26, 2008

I have a large area of elephant ears. I was wondering if any of you ever have to stake your ears? I normally don't. However this year They have gotten so big that they are hanging down to the ground and breaking.

If you stake, how do you go about it. I mean what would be the best way to go about this. I have tried large dowel rods with soft cotton T-shirt material as the tie. that only gets them so high. they really need to be up more. Any Ideas?

Is there a way to maybe pull the top up that I'm not thinking of?

Bonnie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I don't grow elephant ears. It is hard to stake things after they have already grown big. I didn't get around to caging all my tomatoes, now I would break them if I tried.

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 4:04PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

I always use panty hose when I have to tie something up. It has a little give as they grow.

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 11:33PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

I should have said when I tie up plants. When I tie up people I use rope! Just kidding! LOL! I'm a little slap happy. I've had 15 adults and 16 kids at my house all day today. And they're coming back tomorrow with even more!

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 11:37PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Hi proud grandma, you are funny. I think we all knew you meant plants because we didn't know you had company.

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 12:28AM
jspeachyn5

Hey proudgm, maybe someone should hide the hose today? Just kidding enjoy your company.
Bonnie

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 10:44AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Proud grandma have you seen the post on the annual forum about old celosia seed? You need to have all those kids collecting seeds so they can remember you when they run you crazy. I'm sure you are a young chick, so I'm thinking 50 years from now.

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Hello Everyone!
Well, I've been away for 8 years but am finally back...
fourseasons_2
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™