Just enough rain to make it humid

christie_sw_mo(Z6)July 7, 2012

I barely got enough rain last night to cover the bottom of my rain gauge and it was sooo humid this morning. I hope my plants absorbed some rain through their leaves because I decided not to water. There's a 40% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow so I'm going to take my chances. I need a break.

I took some milk jugs full of water to the back of our field Thursday where I have a couple pawpaws about a foot tall and watered those. They get some shade from the trees back there. I kept feeling leaves brush my cheek and finally realized it was poison ivy, not tree leaves darnit. I washed my face really good with Tecnu when I came in but have a very itchy place under my chin where I must've missed. I do think Tecnu helps. Last summer when I used it, I had already broken out and it seemed to make it less severe but it's hard to tell.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Thanks for the tip on the Tecnu. I often get itchy spots. The trumpet vine will get me if I pull it by hand. I got just enough rain (thunder and lightning) to decide not to go to the Seneca fireworks last night. We still have the front coming; maybe that high that blocks everything will let it through this time. At least the pattern has changed a little.

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 8:39AM
More Discussions
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™