Adams county garden group ?

threedogsmom(6b Carroll Valley PA)June 8, 2007

Is there any interest in starting an Adams county garden group/club ? I think the people on Gardenweb are more passionate about gardening and plants than those found in your typical/local garden clubs. I think it would be nice to have a group of people who are willing to host a "garden party" once a month, to show off their garden to the group and provide light refreshments. We could plan shopping trips to nurseries that are a bit far away, and plan to visit different botanical gardens/garden tours throughout the year. We could also host a plant swap for Adams county once a year. Very informal, just people with a common love of plants and interest in garden design, willing to help each other with advice and enjoy the company of friends in a garden backdrop. It would be good to keep the group small, so host costs wouldn't go through the roof (10 ppl max).

Is there any interest from anyone ?? I live in Carroll Valley btw.

Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sujiwan_gw

Amy,
Hi. I do a lot of gardening at my farmhouse north of Biglerville. I haven't really seen a lot of posts from people in Adams County on this forum. There is a small group in my neighborhood that does a yearly plant swap though I haven't participated.

I actually live in Carroll County Maryland and belong to a Federated Garden Club there which does the very things that you are interested in. Under pagardenclubs.org, our Adams County area is part of District 4 for the PA version.

What you are suggesting sounds nice but I don't know that I could host much since our farmhouse in PA is a major fixer upper and not ready for company. I do have a lot of fun with my veg and flower gardens though this is only my second year and I'm trying out a lot of things--no doubt will have to move a lot of plants later!

Perhaps some people will come out of the woodwork on this forum who live in the Adams County area. I'm always game to meet new gardening friends from either state!

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 9:19PM
wolfe15136(z6 PA)

I live in Pgh, but I work in Adams County in the summers. I'm a garden junkie, and would love to participate, but since I have no address there, I can't host anything.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 11:22AM
fayeraven

Just finding you all--newbie to garden forum. I'd be interested in most anything, even hosting. I am just southeast of Waynesboro in Cascade, MD... maybe I can't cuz this is named Adams county???

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 9:20PM
treehugger101

Well, I found this post about 6 years too late maybe??? I am in Adams County looking for local garden swaps here or near Westminster, MD. Any ideas, folks?

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 5:43AM
bulldinkie(pa)

Im from Adams co but I cant now I go for dialysis3xs a week I need a kidney..Wish I could

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Garden Soil in N.E. Philadelphia
Wondering if anyone knows a landscaping/compost company...
Meister14
Need advice on digging and overwintering shrubs/perennials
We may be unexpectedly moving in late Nov/early Dec....
portia
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
HAVE: planted to trade in Berks County
any one close by? check my list and maybe we can get...
woodsidetrader
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™