Free Seeds! (Just pay shipping and handling) : )

abdielgMay 23, 2011

Hey everyone,

I just harvested some seeds of Passiflora sublanceolata x foetida. Since I have already succesfully crossed this before (the flowers just bloomed a few days ago!), these seeds are extra and up for grabs. I have two packs with 7 seeds each, so if anyone is interested, just email me so that you can send me a pre-stamped and self-addressed envelope so I can send them off to you.

These seeds are fresh, so they should germinate very quickly. The plants are very easy to grow, and bloom quickly too.

The flowers are similar to Maurizio Vecchia's hybrid, 'Aurora', but obviously not as spectacular. Anyways, I like my hybrid more than either one of the original parents, and it's always fun to try something different. The flowers these seeds will produce will most likely be a little bit different, and who knows, they might even be better than my cross!

I still have some similar crosses and backcrosses that are still ripening up, so if you are interested in some of these just recheck this post in the next few days or weeks.

Passiflora sublanceolata

Passiflora foetida (grows wild in some neighborhoods down here in St. Petersburg, Florida)

Passiflora sublanceolata x foetida

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

Oh, isn't that beautiful?!!!! Here on the exchanges, you can only charge for postage - not handling.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 3:46PM
abdielg

Sorry you guys,

I was just kidding about the handling. I've already gotten quite a few emails reminding me you only have to pay shipping for exchanges, but please be assured you would only have to send a prepaid envelope.

I hope I haven't scared to many people away!

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 5:56PM
karyn1(7a)

I also crossed my sublanceolata with a foetida but the resulting plants looked almost exactly like the sublanceolata. The corona is nicer on yours. My sublancelata was the pod parent and foetida the pollinator.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 8:15PM
toots042(10B)

If you still have seeds, I am definitely interested. Please emil me at jhlt301@aol.com.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 7:40PM
firebird1(7)

Please let me know if you have any more seed. E-mail me at gwat1@tx.rr.com Thanks!

Bookmark   October 10, 2011 at 5:00PM
enigmaticeasteregg

Wow. Amazing. If you have any more seeds, I'd be interested. featheredtar@gmail.com. And do you have any advice for growing them indoors as I see you have done? I'm growing mine (once they germinate) under a 400 Watt Metal Halide grow light. Is there are way to coerce them to flower?

Bookmark   November 19, 2011 at 12:29PM
luvplantsinms(z 8a MS)

Hi..also sent u a personal e-mail a few days ago..would really like to know if u have harvested any more seeds of this beautiful passi! TIA..Carolyn

Bookmark   November 19, 2011 at 5:26PM
musella

Hi, I'm new in this forum.
If you have some seeds about your pretty passi I'm interested. My mail is musella@izi.re I'll pay shipping and handling and I can exchange with tropical plant seeds. I live in Reunion Island.
Also if someone knows where to exchange Passiflora sublanceolata seeds...
Thanks a lot

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 8:44PM
plemons-grower(7)

ill be more than happy to pay for some of these beauties

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 8:03PM
Carol-M

Your Passiflora are Beautiful!! If you have any seeds left I would Love to have some. I'm not new to gardening, but have had 2 years of bad health and SO many things died. I'm back with a vengeance and a new Passi would be so very welcome. My email is
grannybeans55@yahoo.com.
Thank you for considering me!
Carol

Bookmark   June 20, 2014 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Passiflora cochinchinensis and or Passiflora quadrangularis
Also interested in pink! I have lots of unusual tropicals...
Tropical Gardener
HAVE: Passiflora seeds
I have seeds of P. Edulis, P.Edulis flavicarpa, P....
creationsings7
HAVE: Passiflora loefgrenii x caerulea for postage
Hi, I have a bunch of Passiflora loefgrenii x caerulea...
mark4321_gw
WANTED: Any Passiflora rooted, strange and different ones!
Have: Small deppea splendis, rooted, 4 inch Have: Some...
fastonetime
WANTED: Maypop seeds? Other edible Passiflora
I am looking for seeds or cuttings of any edible fruiting...
czecher
Sponsored Products
Hand-hooked Tessa Neutral Wool Rug (7'10 x 11')
Overstock.com
Capri Collection Thin Curved Cabinet Pull
Signature Hardware
Mini Ellipse Chrome One-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Golden Teak Smoky Crys
$150.00 | Bellacor
Ceramic Tray
$100.00 | Horchow
Tech Lighting | Larkspur Pendant
$655.20 | YLighting
Cristoff Salmanazar Decanter
Classic Hostess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™