Just checked the radar : )

christie_sw_mo(Z6)August 25, 2012

It looks very promising for you garden buddies in the Joplin area. I hope it stays together until it gets to me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Hope you get some rain Christie. I just checked the radar and it's looking good for a little rain in Springfield. 80% chance tonight. woo hoo !!!!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 3:08PM
mosswitch

Got nada here so far today. Looks like it once again split and went around Joplin. Maybe later or today or tomorrow. Sigh. As I go out and turn on the sprinklers again.

Sandy

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 3:32PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

You got cheated Sandy. It really looked like it couldn't miss.
We got a half-inch. It was dark to the north of me so Glenda might have gotten a good rain.
Not much on the radar right now but they haven't lowered the odds for tonight and tomorrow so maybe it will come around again. Hope so.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:12PM
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Glad some folks got some needed rain. It looked great here and ended up with maybe a tenth of an inch. Maybe tonite to tomorrow. I really thought Joplin was looking good but got missed.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:17PM
dowbright(z6 in Missouri)

We got a quarter inch, max. Bummer! Lake of the Ozarks, near Sunrise Beach.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:47PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Well I feel pretty lucky then. We got two more tenths early Sunday morning(?) for a grand total of 7/10.

I thought there was supposed to be a chance of rain again today but there's no rain chances until Friday and the highs are going to be around 90 so still no fall planting for me. I'm sure the ground is quite dry underneath.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 10:09AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I got l.6 inches and my friend in Joplin got over 2 inches. I am watching Issac. I am satisfied for now. I hope the bad pattern of everything going around us is over.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 11:41AM
gldno1

I thought I responded....sorry. We got a full half inch.

We are hoping Isaac will hit and track in the right way to give us some heavy rains.

I realized something else that thrives in this weather:

Bermuda Grass............I will be doing some mowing today.
It is taking over everywhere here.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 8:47AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

I got 1.6 inch. With you, I'm looking forward to forecasted rain Friday and Saturday. Local weatherman says we need/needed? 8.35 inches to catch up on normal Joplin rainfall. Maybe Isaac will help out.

Meanwhile, yesterday I planted two 6 packs of lettuce and one of spinach plus mesclan seed for fall. Brussels sprouts are now ready to pull and the tomatoes have been leafing out again and have blossoms. Life goes on after a dry, hot summer, but I'll never forget it and my checkbook will certainly remember paying my water bills.
Sunny

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 9:07AM

Now the forecasts are getting scary, with the Gulf rains coming. 2-5 inches in one forecast, and another who thinks double that. Whoa.

It will only be a narrow band getting that, but could cause really big problems.

Hoping it's not us, but do hope we get a really good soaker. As I know you all do. :)

The pseudo-husband farmer man gave me this input.

What do you guys think?

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 10:39PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

It all depends on whether or not you are in a flood prone area. I like to play in the water and can hardly wait. If my basement floods I won't be happy but I'm not worried about it.

I do worry about the people in Louisanna. They showed them evacuating pets on the weather channel and old people from a nursing home. It makes me feel bad for those people. What would I do with six animals if I lived there. Here my animals could go up the hill and I don't have my mother to take care of with electricity off. Think of the old people with oxygen concentrators and CPAP machines.

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 10:55PM

It's a nightmare for those folks. Thinking of it is just horrible, so I can't even imagine being there. And for many, it's not the first time.

Tragic. I think Mother Nature is trying to say she wants the wetlands returned to wetlands. And I can't blame her, at the rate we're destroying the ecology of the planet.

Sorry to rant.

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Saw the first signs today......
And SOOO excited.....spotted daffodils and ornithogalums...
mocountryboys
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™