wanted: wanted: p. incarnata from zone 5

infiniteohmsJuly 19, 2011

Hello,

Last year i got a couple nice p. incarnata seedlings from a GW user in zone 7, they did very well, but didn't survive the winter. I want to try again both in a more sheltered spot and with plant material from closer to home.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
piksi_hk(9)

If you still need these, I have a couple that is ready to ship. I will take postage for them; priority mail with conf.

Bookmark   July 30, 2011 at 4:36PM
karyn1(7a)

I think you are pushing it trying to overwinter P. incarnata outside in zone 5. I think that P. lutea is probably the hardiest and most likely to make it in your zone.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 8:41AM
infiniteohms

@piksi, since i've had this plant die on me over the winter, i'd like to try again with plants that have survived zone 5-6 winters (or their offspring). Thanks for the offer though!

@karyn,
I've always heard that P. incarnata is the hardiest passion flower. I've seen different nurseries list it hardy from zone 5 (with protection) to zone 7, so its not a sure thing, but i really want to find one that is hardy to my site. That being said if someone had a P. lutea they wanted to trade me i would certainly give it a try.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 9:32AM
redpass

I have both Passiflora incarnata and incarnata alba growing on the south side of my home here for more than 12 years. They have survived double-digit subzero temps for many winters. I obtained my plants from a source in Virginia (zone 6b) many years ago. The key to these plants surviving is well-drained poor soils and protection from excessive moisture. My incarnata alba is the stock plant plarent for 2 well-known Passiflora mailorder nurseries here in the U.S. I am definitely open to trades for either form. They are both very tolerant of cold winters!!!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Free Seeds! (Just pay shipping and handling) : )
Hey everyone, I just harvested some seeds of Passiflora...
abdielg
WANTED: Wanted: Passiflora / Have: Passiflora
I have a Passiflora Incense that I'm rooting cuttings...
pagirlmint
HAVE: Passiflora loefgrenii x caerulea for postage
Hi, I have a bunch of Passiflora loefgrenii x caerulea...
mark4321_gw
Seed trade
I am looking for some seeds of: P. alata p. laurifolia P....
copain97
HAVE: Wanting variegated coriacea
I have Passiflora Manta in 6-inch pots and quart-size...
redpass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™