Peggy Martin rose

CarolnWbg(z6PA)June 21, 2007

Hello,

Has anyone grown a Peggy Martin rose in PA? I have ordered one and the information I have seen tells about its great success in the south. Am wondering if I might have made a mistake in ordering this rose for zone 6. Would appreciate hearing from someone who has any experience with this rose.

Thanks.

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
matriarchy(6 in PA)

I am not a rose person, but I just read an article in today's New York Times about the Peggy Rockefeller rose garden. They have one called the "Peggy Martin Survivor" that bloomed after Katrina. If they have Peggy Martin roses in NY's colder zone, then maybe yours will be fine, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: NYT article about Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 10:24AM
CarolnWbg(z6PA)

That is the rose that I have ordered. It is a thornless climber and I'm eager to see if it is tough enough to live with me. I'm not quite as hard on roses as Katrina must have been.
Thanks for the link.

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 1:46PM
Gabrielsyme

I know this is an old thread and I'm normally a lurker so I hope I'm not breaking etiquette but I'd be interested to hear from carolnwbg about Peggy Martin in PA as I've just ordered two. How is it doing a few years on? I'm hoping to see her 'take over' a fairly large space so it would be encouraging to hear that she's done well.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
The Chipmunks Must Die!
Last year I asked for advice about getting rid of the...
annld
Herb Shops in S.Central PA?
I seem to remember there being one along Rt. 81 an...
eibren
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
HAVE: planted to trade in Berks County
any one close by? check my list and maybe we can get...
woodsidetrader
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™