Why I grow grapes...

bettycbowen(7)May 4, 2013

...and crop photos. Somehow garden magazines & pinterest never seem to have this problem.

Otherwise harmless neighbors, so I count my blessings. Or, as we say around here, "at least they got rid of the toilet".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

That is why I had a privacy fence when I lived in town. I drag home so much junk I did not want to have the neighbors looking at it. The front yard always looked nice, but I wont say that about my back yard and shop. Now I have so many unfinished projects that things are junky again.

Larry

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 7:52PM
oldbusy1

i got so much junk , i can't find my projects.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 1:21AM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Betty,

Vines can be so useful in cases like that! One thing that I love about living in the country is the distance between homes. The neighbor's house nearest ours (and they are wonderful neighbors) is about 100 yards from our house and most of it is dense woodland, so we don't have to look at their junk and they don't have to look at ours. I should add that neither they nor we are very junky, or at least we have our junk hidden away.

Too many people in rural parts of our county have so much junk out in their front yards that it looks like they are having a year-round yard sale.

Busy1, I can relate to that! This spring I've been trying to unearth all my projects and finish them but it has been slow going.

Dawn

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 6:35AM
Lisa_H OK(7)

Betty, I have passionvine growing on my back fence. It is so dense, it is doing a nice job of shielding me from the pit bulls, at least in that section. It is a bonus, I grew it as a host plant for gulf fritillaries. Susan will have to remind me which one stays green all year :)

I am also added a couple of vitex that I am hoping will give me a visual shield in a few years.

Lisa

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
Intercropping Tomatoes
with Sweet corn? Is it doable? with so many tomato...
chickencoupe
Seeds
Okay. So, I was overly optimistic when I purchased...
hazelinok
Cactus ID help
Can anyone identify this for me? It started growing...
jmichigan
We're Having All Four Seasons of Weather This Week!
This is your warning that this week's weather is going...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Former Oklahoma Forum member in the news
We miss Diane and Steve, but can get an update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCFqjxpuPY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g...
soonergrandmom
Sponsored Products
Bolero Brahms Silver And Gold Leaf Eight-Light Chandelier
Bellacor
Skateboard Artwork I
Grandin Road
Virgo 2-door Floor Cabinet
Overstock.com
Wayland Welcome Mat
$69.00 | FRONTGATE
Robert Abbey Doughnut Collection Brass Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus