Why I grow grapes...

bettycbowen(7)May 4, 2013

...and crop photos. Somehow garden magazines & pinterest never seem to have this problem.

Otherwise harmless neighbors, so I count my blessings. Or, as we say around here, "at least they got rid of the toilet".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

That is why I had a privacy fence when I lived in town. I drag home so much junk I did not want to have the neighbors looking at it. The front yard always looked nice, but I wont say that about my back yard and shop. Now I have so many unfinished projects that things are junky again.

Larry

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 7:52PM
oldbusy1

i got so much junk , i can't find my projects.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 1:21AM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Betty,

Vines can be so useful in cases like that! One thing that I love about living in the country is the distance between homes. The neighbor's house nearest ours (and they are wonderful neighbors) is about 100 yards from our house and most of it is dense woodland, so we don't have to look at their junk and they don't have to look at ours. I should add that neither they nor we are very junky, or at least we have our junk hidden away.

Too many people in rural parts of our county have so much junk out in their front yards that it looks like they are having a year-round yard sale.

Busy1, I can relate to that! This spring I've been trying to unearth all my projects and finish them but it has been slow going.

Dawn

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 6:35AM
Lisa_H(7)

Betty, I have passionvine growing on my back fence. It is so dense, it is doing a nice job of shielding me from the pit bulls, at least in that section. It is a bonus, I grew it as a host plant for gulf fritillaries. Susan will have to remind me which one stays green all year :)

I am also added a couple of vitex that I am hoping will give me a visual shield in a few years.

Lisa

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
I did it!
I made sammich bread !! I know it's not garden related,...
chickencoupe
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Pictures to warm us up
So far I have 20 flats- a few plants I lost to applejuice....
luvncannin
Rattlesnakes Out in February: Not A Good Thing
Last week, our silver tabby cat, Casper, thought he...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
monarchs
http://www.livemonarch.com/growinginstructions.htm Thought...
sorie6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™