little tomatoes

helenh(z6 SW MO)August 9, 2012

I have plenty of big tomatoes for me, but I give them away and all I have is little ones. I have twenty or thirty little ones for every big one. I planted several kinds of big tomatoes but the only ones I'm getting are Mule Team and Cherokee Purple and another medium one that might be Break o Day but the label is under a jungle. The Pale Perfect Purple medium sized tomatoes produced very well but they are done. There was a mislabeled tomato a yellow large cherry or a little bigger that I didn't think tasted that great but it is loaded and keeps putting on new tomatoes non stop. Siberian an early tomato is also still going like mad. It has been a struggle keeping cucumbers. I don't make pickles. All I want is a cucumber once in a while in a salad or sliced with onions. I have squash bugs that I battle. If I spray, I pick off all cucumbers and wait for new ones to form that haven't been sprayed. I don't have anything else in the garden but I do have a supply of candy onions in the basement. My friend says they are like eating an apple not like store onions so thanks Glenda (I think) for tip on that variety.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

I never planted onions this year and I wish I had. The only nice onions I ever raised were the Candy and the Super Star. Candy keeps better. Enjoy them!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 6:06AM
More Discussions
Breaking up new ground for garden
I am wanting to expand my garden in a couple of years...
mission16
winter gardening
How many peaple garden thruout the winter in the Ozarks?...
strongeagle
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
looking for certain pepper
Howdy, Ozark gardeners. I am looking for seeds of a...
strongeagle
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™