wild garden

helenh(z6 SW MO)August 20, 2013

The lavender crepe myrtle is a seedling that popped up by itself. Sun Coleus never disappoint me. Mine is in a big pot otherwise I would have to water often. Bugs don't usually like them; all they want is water and good potting mix. The tall grass is from the Master Gardeners' sale it is giant reed grass. Where it is it won't hurt if it takes over.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gldno1

Your wild garden looks better than most of my 'maintained' and I use that word loosely, ones!

I like the Sun Coleus too. Yours is a particularly good color.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 6:38AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Looks great Helen! How tall do think that grass is? I have Zebra grass and get very lazy about cutting it back in the spring like I should.
It was a busy summer for me with family in the hospital and other things going on and my flowers are all having to share space with weeds. My whole yard has a wild look. I don't worry too much about getting behind except for the Japanese Honeysuckle that I can't seem to get rid of even when I take the time to dig it all out. I can't imagine how bad that's going to be next year since I let it go this summer and pulled out very little.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 6:34AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I have given up on J honeysuckle and have decided to just enjoy the smell. There is one area where I planted some small crepe myrtles that I want to clear of it. Right now I have clematis blooming and very fragrant. I hate it and pull it out but now that it is blooming I am letting it go. It is worse than the honeysuckle in my opinion. After it blooms I will be pulling it again because there will be a billion seeds. I actually moved blister beetle on to it last month but they didn't eat enough of it. The gray blister beetles love it.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
Merry Christmas!
I hope all my gardening friends have a wonderful Christmas....
gldno1
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
Sponsored Products
Copper Single Crystal Wind Sculpture Multicolor - 31057
$19.98 | Hayneedle
Acid Verde Mushroom Hat Low Voltage Landscape Light
Lamps Plus
Jayce 18 1/2" High Bronze LED Landscape Path Light
$29.95 | Lamps Plus
Tierra Garden Raised Planter Box - 4427 - 2.5 x 2.5 ft. - 4427
$199.99 | Hayneedle
Hot Air Balloons Outdoor Flag
$8.99 | zulily
Handcrafted Narrow Tulip Trowel
$68.00 | FRONTGATE
The Standard Black Pagoda Cap 14-Inch Outdoor Pendant with Rectangle White Frost
$226.00 | Bellacor
SLICE Bathroom Bin by Blomus
$75.59 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™