Wow - What a rain !!

geoforce(z7a SE PA)July 28, 2005

Last evening we received 1.7" of rain in a bit over 20 minutes. It started around 7:00 and was nearly over before 7:30. It continued to drizzle a bit for a couple of more hours but only brought the total up by less than 1/10th inch.

I really think that we are getting enough rain this summer, but I just wish it were spread out a bit. That was enough for about 2 weeks right there. Coming so fast, most ran off. Water was running 3" deep down my drive.

George

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stimpy926

We got almost 3/4 of an inch in our gauge, ahhh, feels so good out there this morning!

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 9:14AM
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

That's a LOT of rain, wow!

We had a heavy-ish rain, but not that much. Afterwards, the heat broke and a beautiful evening unfolded. The sunset was gorgeous, there were huge wafts of pink in the eastern sky, reflecting the colors from the west.

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 9:39AM
carol23_gw

We had mostly wind, less than 1/2" of rain.

It feels so much better now. Perhaps tonight we'll have more rain.

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 10:03AM
springcherry(6/7 Philly,PA)

Wind here but oh what wind. The sort of wind that demands you dance with it as everything around you whirls to and fro.

Springcherry

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 11:41AM
jenny_in_se_pa(USDA7 Sunset 32)

The winds were awful! A few gusts actually blew my containered tree over. And there wasn't that much rain where I am - only got brief blasts of horizontal wind whipped rain with alot of lightning and thunder, but no substantial downpours. I was monitoring the Doppler radar of the storms and watched as some of them were breaking up as they approached certain parts of the city.

I did see the pink sunset as the clouds began to break up behind the storms, but the sky was oddly punctuated by flashes of lightning too...

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 9:39AM
lynn_d(Z5 PA)

No rain but lots of wind, like Jenny we had huge containers knocked down! And I even made a point to water them all to add weight!

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
Garden Soil in N.E. Philadelphia
Wondering if anyone knows a landscaping/compost company...
Meister14
Cold hardy cacti
What are some types or perennial cacti that are hardy...
chel12vuk
Help with walkway plantings!
I've done so much research and am trying to figure...
BloominOnion
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™