Mulberry Trees

suzan_v2July 26, 2012

Hi,

I live in solebury,PA. i would like to buy White Mulberry Trees from a nursery in NJ or PA. I am not successful calling every nursery for mulberry trees. Do you know a nursery that sells mulberry trees.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katob Z6ish, NE Pa

Usually white mulberry is considered a weed tree... No offense meant! If you could find a mail order source, even a small plant will grow fast, or better yet keep your eyes open around town and maybe you can spot a bunch around a parking lot or playground..... and possibly pull up a seedling.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 10:19PM
Carrie B

Agree with kato - white mulberry is largely considered a weed tree - I'd consider any nursery in Pennsylvania selling them to be disreputable.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 8:07PM
dedtired

I used to have a mulberry tree, although not the weeping variety. It was a huge mess, with purple berries everywhere. My kids would walk on them and carry them in to the house. The birds eat them and then let loose with purple poops all over the windows and car. Of course I had mine removed. You do not want a mulberry of any kind.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 10:03AM
Lauren Devonshire

Some jerk planted the trees here many years ago and no one took care of them - yes- them. Three- one male and two females. They are big and a mess. We will be having someone cut them down this fall.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
no acorns / no hickory nuts (Berks Co)
our yard is surrounded by 3 acres of woodland. normally...
woodsidetrader
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
What is this little red berry?
Can someone please tell me what this little red berry...
zBernie
What kind of tree is this?
We bought a house recently and I would like to know...
Pittsburgh_Amy
Need advice on digging and overwintering shrubs/perennials
We may be unexpectedly moving in late Nov/early Dec....
portia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™