Why we can't cut spending in a reasonable way

kimka(Zone 6B)April 1, 2013

In an article in today's Washington Post (entitled BAE prods Congress for Bradley funding unwanted by the Army):

"Although the military doesn't want more Bradley funds (the Cold War era Bradley fighting vehicle), Congress added $140 million to the program, above what the Pentagon requested for this year. ...."The move by BAE, a London firm whose U.S. subsidiary is based in Arlington, VA, mirrors General Dynamics'effort to protect the Abrams tank, also against the Army's wishes." That one cost $225 million, triple what the Army requested.

Can we just furlough all of Congress for about a year? How can you not be disgusted with them.

The military is not shy about asking for funds, but even they don't want this money.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jodik_gw

I would like to say that I'm floored... but nothing shocks or surprises me anymore...

It's just one more brick in the wall of "Doh!" when it comes to our crumbling world and its economy. Who votes for these idiots, anyway?

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 4:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

Jodi: "Who votes for these idiots, anyway?"

Hard to say. First one has to figure out which Committees are involved, which committee did what, who's on each committee involved, and what their individual position on each issue was/is (or at least what they'll own up to). I don't think it's coming up for a vote till early May.

Baffle us with bullsh--. I think it must have something to do with job security. Most these elecrted reps are probably lawyers...

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
Oh, Golly, shoulda seen this coming: Westboro to picket Nimoy funeral
don't know The Inquisitr's stance or standing, but...
sylviatexas2
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than you think
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than...
momj47
A wonderful man left us last week
Father Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame dies at age...
Jmc101 z5
Dinosaurs are bad!
This is hard to believe! Ummmm...anyone have an idea...
asleep_in_the_garden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™