Passion Vines.. Helllpppp!

CapriciousVinesFebruary 17, 2013

So I live in southern AZ, in the "sunniest place in the world", I am growing two passion vines, the exact type I don't know, I got them from an orange seed pod/fruit on a larger plant with white flowers. There are two vines growing and I've had them since last year, they seem to be growing much faster than before, but I was wondering if it will do well here? This place gets some extreme heat, its gotten to the 120s before, and its a dry heat too. Its not common for a passion vine type of plant to grow here, and these two in particular are out in the open. Will they be alright? Last year when they sprouted they really struggled, they were very small and I thought they were going to wither away, then out of completely nowhere they took off, growing at a rapid pace and now one is about three feet (up to the top of our fence) and the other is maybe two and a half feet. I am proud to have grown such an uncommon plant in this area, but i'm worried they wont make it. Is there anything I can do? Any tips?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

They will be fine if you can keep them well watered.

Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
blue passiflora vine
I planted my passiflora in a pot and intend on trying...
cateyanne
First 'Oaklandia' Bloom of the Season
From this, March, after being frozen all the way back: To...
Northbay12
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
I am surprised
Hi, New to this forum, I became interested in Passion...
morningloree
So I have Passiflora incarnata...
and even after the horrible winter last year, it took...
plantlust
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™