small, fragrant ,freeflowering Passi..

Kerstin_Linnea(Z5, chicago)February 19, 2005

hello, I stumbled in to the kartuz site and wanted feedback on the nursery and some of the plants I found interesting,

Namely: P.adularia, "Purple tiger" and P. triloba.

I am looking for a passi that can handle some cold storage,( unheated staircase with skylight, never below 9celsius)

I'd really like one , or two! that are *FRAGRANT*, colorful and frequent bloomer, or even better who's blooming in Jan-feb zone 5.

I got a bay window facing west, always strong light , but naturally, less sun wintertime..

-I read somewhere that passis are not blooming unless they get strong, strong sun for x hours a day.

well, my caerula Bought from H.d never recovered from being potbound and was mostly green all summer last year,

I put it in full sun and I got spider mites, once moved under a tree, It grew spectacular vines but just one flower or two.

when I bought it , It had approx, 50-75 buds on it.

( which promptly fell off once the water never stayed in the pot- I couldnt do much but see buds falling of day by day until I cut cut the roots down and place it in a bigger pot- it is now aprox in a 10in pot,glazed)

How do I coax it in to that shape again? How often should I fertilize?

It is now sitting in the staircase, severely cut down, it is showing new shoots but I am still stingy with the water..

when should I bring it back in?

I'd like to have one that can stay in the window when everything else is on a break. My windows are drafty and has a waterradiator underneath(!)

pictures or referral to nurseries with pic's would be great.

thanxs !

klk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamesco

In a nutshell:
Best: Full-full sun, Potbound in a big pot, constantly moist, but well-drained. Fertilized heavily until it is big, then very little fertilizer for flowers.
Drafts can slow down a Pass. They like consistency. I wouldn't expect one to bloom in a West window at all. Mine refuse to bloom in a South. They want full sun!

Fragrance: P. 'Incense' from Select Seeds.

Hope you have a happy plant one day.

Bookmark   March 8, 2005 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Florida Collectors-Update
I ran across an old thread that was pretty informative,...
morningloree
Oaklandia Bloom
Oaklandia blooms, has climbed up a tree to about 2...
morningloree
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
Passiflora frederick
Looking to buy some mature P. frederick cuttings. Want...
gardenfreak
Passiflora x 'Marijke''
Winter bloom of P. x ''Marijke:
bobich2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™