Daylilly Rust in Arkansas

oakleif(z6 AR)August 19, 2006

In our local paper this week is an artical about daylilly rust. It has spread to at least 30 states. Is a windborne disease (fungus) but also spread by infected plants.new growth can be protected by effective fungicides you can request a publication from Ark. county extension agents #FSA7525. County extension online is www.uaex.edu. Sorry i don't know how to make a link.

For a large list of named daylilly cultivars and their disease reaction visit http;//daylilies.uaex.edu/default.asp.

Hope this helps someone. I have quite a few daylillies and don't want to lose them. I had fun on the county agent site,lots of good stuff

vickie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mulberryknob

My daylilies have had some disease the last two years--but I don't know if it is rust. The plants develop yellow spots on the leaves which later turn dark and then the whole blade dies back. Last year I cut the plants off in the middle of the summer after bloom and sprayed with a fungicide. But this summer almost no bloom. I am so sad as I have over a dozen different colors. The odd thing is that only the daylilies in full sun were affected. Those planted under large trees that shaded them all afternoon weren't. Is this rust? ANyone?

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 12:09AM
More Discussions
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
peaceofmind
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
Speaking of Gardens
Here's my column for today, if you missed it or don't...
mosswitch
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™