Racemosa Passiflora

angie83(9)February 2, 2007

Has anyone had any luck rooting these from a cutting .Im haveing a tuff time getting my cuttings to root on this guy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jblaschke(8b TX)

Without checking my books, I think racemosa is one of the species that is reluctant to root from cuttings. Layering or air layering is the best method of propagation (outside of seeds, that is). I'm going by memory, tho, so I could be mis-remembering. :-)

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 6:53PM
angie83(9)

Thx Ill try that keep fingers crossed.Might wait till spring when I put this guy in bigger pot.

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 8:30PM
ethane(9 FL)

I've had the same problem--it's just difficult to root, but it can be done. Seems like you just take a bunch of cuttings and hope one roots.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 5:41PM
cincinnata(S. Spain)

Are you sure that is a Racemosa? I just wonder as I have never seen a Racemosa without 3 lobed leaves although I believe there are unlobed varieties. Has it flowered yet? I have read that the best cuttings to root are neither really old wood nor the really new, and it can take quite some time.

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 8:31AM
angie83(9)

Not sure I just looked them up too I was told it was a racemosa now im not so sure anymore would love some input if anyone knows about this could mine be a racemosa with out the leaf with 3 lobed leaves.

Hope someone can help me if it isnt what I was sold I really want to know so I dont buy from that guy I got it from.

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 6:55PM
zostropz

Angie, did you buy this from me? If so, I can provide photo's of both types I sold last year. I had blooms on both of my plants last year.
Mark

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 11:25PM
angie83(9)

Not sure but I got it on ebay and it was huge when I got it .You have this one with no lobs is it a racemosa all the pics I can find have 3 lob leafs.And I cant find to much on this passiflora.Well even if is isnt a racemosa I love this guy he has grown a ton and is the easyest to please here in texas.If you have a pic of yours sure love to see it.

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 1:47AM
zostropz

Angie, I didn't sell any large ones last year so it probably was not from me, but I checked my Racemosa 'Buzios' and every leaf on it is single lobbed, unlike the regular form of Racemosa which has mostly tri-lobbed leafs. I have a lot of stuff to do tonight but sometime in the next couple day's, I'll try to get pics of the leaf and the flower to you.
Mark

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 7:26PM
angie83(9)

Thx Mark cant wait to see it.

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 10:11PM
zostropz

Angie, I sent a message yesterday but don't see it posted. I have a couple pics to send you but don't know how to do it in GW. Is there an e-mail address I can send them to tonight? The Racemosa 'Buzios' does have a single lobe on it.
Mark

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 9:57AM
angie83(9)

Sure send to aenilla@yahoo.com.

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Passion Fruit Vine?
I bought this plant looking to add it to my butterfly...
jane__ny
Where to buy?
Can anyone suggest a place to buy passion flower vines...
jwink246
So I have Passiflora incarnata...
and even after the horrible winter last year, it took...
plantlust
Passion flower not making flowers!
Hello all! A few years ago I bought a grafted black...
patchyjack
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™