Tomatoes

bulldinkie(pa)July 20, 2013

I bought from a gadening catalog red plastic.It was to be put in garden where tomatoes are planted.Just like using black plastic.It said they would do great.They grew like crazy,Ive gotten a lot of tomatoes this year already.Im doing ithis from now on.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimmy56_gw

This is the first year I used red plastic also, I read about it other years but never tried it.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 7:32PM
earthlydelights(6 pushing 7)

I've seen it advertised, just haven't used it. may reconsider. wonder what it is that makes them grow so prolific with the red plastic

maryanne

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 11:49PM
bulldinkie(pa)

not sure holds heat maybe , but mine are above the fence were talking 5' high.I went out I grabbed a kettle.I thought a few cherry tomatoes,a few big ones.My kettle was filled.Its time to pick again.Not sure whats working but the plants love the red plastic.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 4:15PM
bulldinkie(pa)

I went out to see if we had any tomatoes to pick,OMG I picked off of 2 plants 11 huge tomatoes at least 1/2 lb each ,a few smaller.But some I bet were more than 1/2lb big...The plants are like 6' tall.I got another 1/2 pail of cherry tomatoes.My hubby is in heaven,he loves tomatoes.

Bookmark   August 9, 2013 at 6:32PM
jimmy56_gw

My tomatoes are growing like crazy too, Even though I had to throw about 15 away because of end rot, Wish I knew how to take a pic and post it because I'm not bregging but I have the biggest tomatoe I have ever seen must be about 3 pounds and I just measured it at 6-1/2 inches across.

Bookmark   August 9, 2013 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
Seedless Grapes
Has anyone has any success with seedless "table"...
nick_17815_pa
Vegetable planting dates guide for 5b
Does anyone have a link to a guide for vegetable planting...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Need advice on digging and overwintering shrubs/perennials
We may be unexpectedly moving in late Nov/early Dec....
portia
Garden Soil in N.E. Philadelphia
Wondering if anyone knows a landscaping/compost company...
Meister14
bamboo
Does anyone in Southeastern pa have any bamboo they...
seydoux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™