Garden Railroad tour

christie_sw_mo(Z6)September 22, 2008

Here's a few photos from the garden railroad tour in Springfield a couple weeks ago. There were a few listed that were in area towns, Ozark, Mt. Vernon, Fordland, and (I can't remember where else) that I didn't go to. There was more railroad than garden but I still enjoyed going and my son thought it was great of course. Some of them used small plants to try to keep it in scale. There were some interesting little sedums and things like that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I never knew there was such a thing as a garden railroad tour. I love the bird houses on rustic wood. I bought the bentwood trellis book, but I have never made anything. I keep thinking I will make something out of hedge because it would last.

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 10:44AM
gldno1

I love the birdhouses and the pump water fountain. I have all I need to make one, except the pump.....but haven't done it yet.

Helen, I keep thinking the same thing about the hedge saplings. I if could find some really slender ones...they would last indefinitely.

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 2:36PM
bunny6(7 AR)

I like the water pump. I have a small pond.

Gldno-I got my pump from Wal-Mart. You would need a high volume pump to pump that much water that is coming out of the facet. I have lights around mine and it is relaxing to sit out at night and listen to the waterfall.

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
A Sample of My Country-Style Gardening
This combo is all self-seeding annuals: Salvia farinacea;...
gldno1
Breaking up new ground for garden
I am wanting to expand my garden in a couple of years...
mission16
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™